atkins vs Grenade Carb Killa

Options
mor72
mor72 Posts: 83 Member
edited September 2019 in Social Groups
Just wondering if any of you use any of this products. Atkins or Grenade Carb Killa. Thinking of getting some as a to go food when i am to busy or can't be bothered to cook.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn’t. I think they tend to add ingredients that aren’t actually low carb and as well as using stuff I just wouldn’t want to eat.
    It all really depends on if clean eating is important to you or not. For me, it would be a hard no.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Agree with Sunny_Bunny_, I personally try to avoid foods that aren't whole foods/clean.

All the marketed products for Keto, Atkins, etc seem to be expensive and over processed.

My daughter eats a lot of the Atkins foods, she loves them. But she's in her 20s and her body can handle the processed foods better than mine can at 45.

• mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do agree with you both, but sometimes i just haven't got the time or in the mood to cook, hence a bar or shake now and then might be alright, and might just shave me from going to the biscuit tin.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hey, if it saves you once in a while from a dive into SAD carby treat foods, then why not? I have a few bars around the house and a couple in the glove box of my car just 'in case' I want a treat, or if I am away from anyplace to get a decent meal for the day (even though I don't need a treat.) One thing to consider is your body's reaction to whatever sweeteners, etc are in those products.
    If you can try making a bunch of meals at once and freezing them for when you are too tired/ too rushed to cook you'll find you'll get better quality with 'whole foods.' It does take a bit of forethought though.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of those overprocessed foods with questionable ingredients myself. If it's just for an occasional need, what about something like beef sticks and/or shelf stable cheese, canned sardines, Epic Bars (check the carbs), or maybe some nuts? I keep those things in my desk drawer for a quick snack or even a meal if need be, just open and enjoy!

Also, when I cook, I try to make things in batches so that I can freeze individual portions for either lunches or quick meals. For example, I made a big batch of Keto Chili on Sunday. Portioned off enough for a few lunches this week and then froze a few portions as well. You can do that with a lot of meals. Just another idea.