I Need My Coffee!

Options
2»

Replies

• scottyaus2732
    scottyaus2732 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The FDA has the least strict rules about coffee hence you get the coffee rejected by Europe most is Asia and Australia.

Yes I have drunk it. I was a soldier and deployed OS and eat and drank in American messes.

Battery acid is more apt.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    The FDA has the least strict rules about coffee hence you get the coffee rejected by Europe most is Asia and Australia.

Yes I have drunk it. I was a soldier and deployed OS and eat and drank in American messes.

I was military USAF...I wouldn't say the coffee in the mess halls represents what is sold in coffee stores... Yes you can find "Battery acid" coffee, like instant and cheap coffees sold in stores, also in diners and chains, but can also find fair trade organic coffee that is good. Just because the FDA doesn't give a **** about Americans taste and health, we have some restaurants that do.

I will fully admit a lot of Americans have underdeveloped palates and an extremely corrupt government, especially the FDA, but I get tired of stereotypes.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

I was military USAF...I wouldn't say the coffee in the mess halls represents what is sold in coffee stores... Yes you can find "Battery acid" coffee, like instant and cheap coffees sold in stores, also in diners and chains, but can also find fair trade organic coffee that is good. Just because the FDA doesn't give a **** about Americans taste and health, we have some restaurants that do.

I will fully admit a lot of Americans have underdeveloped palates and an extremely corrupt government, especially the FDA, but I get tired of stereotypes.

• shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    But some ribbing between countries is not uncommon.

Nah, some of us are used to it. Some of my close friends are Aussies and Kiwis and we rib each other all the time. I keep having to remember that this is a family friendly site and I have to constantly remember to curb my biting sarcasm and wit here.

I'm with you on the coffee, a lot of it does suck. But there is good coffee if you know where to look. And everyone's taste is different. If you've never had the good stuff you don't know the difference, but once you've had good coffee you don't want anything else.

Many of my friends think Starbucks is the best stuff ever, and frankly I think it's overpriced swill not fit for consumption. But that's just my opinion.

My views on patriotism and politics likely wouldn't line up with many of my US friends on here either. But, I digress.

• ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use this powdered creamer called Rapidfire Ketogenic Creamer that's half the price of the other name brands. It has butter, MCT oil and Himalayan salt and tastes a lot lighter than cream. If you're after a sweet taste then try Coconut Creamer by So Delicious.
  • BlancheandSmooshyface
    Options
    Y'all haven't lived until you've tasted Belgium and/or French coffee. I used to be able to have it shipped but the company went out of business a few years ago. We Americans are resilient though and can overcome anything - including American coffee.
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Is there really that much difference between European coffee and what we drink in the US? Or is it how it's brewed? Never been to Europe, so just curious. Also, what are some of these "superior" European brands/ We should be able to purchase them here in the US and experience this great coffee .
  • beewoman2
    beewoman2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Newbie here, I love my coffee and don't understand why heavy cream is better than milk? or why butter is better than heavy cream?I have just been drinking coffee with semi skimmed milk ...am I doomed to fail at Keto?
  • al4374
    al4374 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Milk has some natural sugars, upping the carb count. Cream/butter is higher in fat and has almost no carbs. The higher fat content also ups the satiation factor.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I just give in to my need for flavor in my coffee. I use sugar free hazelnut or vanilla creamer. I don;t use a full serving in my double mug of coffee, just enough to give me that flavor I need. And I balance the rest of my carbs accordingly. So far now triggers to keep wanting sweet or more treats.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I've made THIS before using both Heavy Cream as well as Coconut Cream when I was experimenting with DF and it's delicious.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just give in to my need for flavor in my coffee. I use sugar free hazelnut or vanilla creamer. I don;t use a full serving in my double mug of coffee, just enough to give me that flavor I need. And I balance the rest of my carbs accordingly. So far now triggers to keep wanting sweet or more treats.

Try chai coffee! U can make your own chai tea or buy sugar free, or just buy a spice blend to put in ur coffee. Add a lil hwc and the flavor is good and complex enough that you don't need a sweetener! Probably also works with no other flavors like pumpkin spice, Mexican hot chocolate, etc. Spicy with a lil cream, no sweetener
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like to do the same with just vanilla too, but it's gotta be a GOOD vanilla extract, not used sparingly to overpower the bitterness of coffee. Gets kinda pricey to use good vanilla on the regular tho