Living the Lifestyle, Thursday 10/10/2019

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,235 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for October are below:

Monday - whathapnd (Emmie)
Tuesday - Imastar2 (Derrick)
Wednesday - gavinflynn1 (Gavin)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - goldenfrisbee (Chris)

Today’s topic: It's the 10th of October...

...what are you doing today that is conducive to a healthy lifestyle?

Normal day? Exercise? Special meal? On travel? Stuck at home sick?

Take stock of where you are at, at this very moment. How does your lifestyle look?

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I got to the fitness center before having to be at work at 7:15am. Did walk/run intervals for 30 minutes. Taught 2 Strong Senior (weights) classes here at work (retirement community).

Lunch bag packed with reasonable choices. What is lacking is enough sleep. By Thursday & Friday I'm running on fumes as this is a very draining semester for me. Today is another long day at work, 12+ hours.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    10/10/19
    Aqua aerobics 8:00-8:50 AM
    WW Studio for WI and workshop on Stress 9:30-10:30
    Lost -2.8 after a +3.8 last week.

PM Plan to eat healthy lunch/dinner and do PT at home for my foot/leg,

Working on improving my mental outlook.

• goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    I am fully conscious of what I am eating today. I’m trying to stay under 2k cal per day of whatever I feel like eating. Not depriving myself but also not doing as well as I am capable of doing.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    Working on getting my calories back to a better range and start losing again.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,091 Member
    Options
    Thur. Normal yoga day. Ride bike 40' to 60' yoga class and eat healthy staple food.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    Still trying ro get over an upper respiratory infection and head cold. Been on antibiotics for about 7 days but a lot better. Got some work appointments during the sau having lunch with a client not sho heathy. We're having Publix subs. Taking an early afternoon off to do what I want to do. DW and I wil probably have a steak, baked potatoes and a vegetable tonight.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Thursday is a personal training day with my new personal training kid. Our third session. I like it. My goals at this point are mostly about fitness.

Hoping to get Tito this training routine without a lot of aches and pains, improve posture, flexibility and balance. Build some muscle.

Things are looking up.