New member (inspired by FrankieandSpots to make an intro post)

Options
CocoLoris
CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
Hello everyone, I’m Loris and I love coconuts.

I’m going to try to keep this post short because once I start writing about my thoughts, I seem to add way too many details.

Personal info :
30 yo
Female
Height : 169 cm (5’6’’)
Starting weight : 69kg (152lbs)
Goal weight : 63kg (139lbs)

I have been yoyo dieting for ever.
Did some mindful digging into my own head, as to why I kept regaining (even if I understand that 6kg is a very small margin in terms of weight to stay in.) and long story short - my core motivation was tied to an unrealistic ideal which itself was tied to emotional trauma (which I dealt with in therapy a couple of years ago.)

This time, I am going in with a different mindset. I more realistic and optimistic one.
I have a pretty good (by my standards anyways) grasp on my food intake and activity preferences.

My main goal this time is to lose slowly - this is my #1 problem - I try to push things too far and too quickly.
And second goal is to be social about it. I have never actually told people my goals (maybe 6kgs were not enough or I was ashamed, probably a bit of both.)

So here I am today, not really nervous and quite happy about my first time telling the internet about myself.
And I enjoy this group’s “atmosphere” and size.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely *time of day/night* wherever you are ;-)

Replies

• Charm_84
    Charm_84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Welcome CocoLoris. Getting a handle on 6 kg is way better than having to deal with 60 kg, so pat yourself on the back for keeping things fairly controlled and power on, girl!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    hello & welcome!
  • CocoLoris
    Options
    Thank you all!

I am also keeping strength training in this time. I know it’s a key component of my wellbeing and I would like to make it a part of my « normal » life.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I get why you'd feel weird in a way about "only" having to lose 6kg as opposed to 60. But think of it like this: someone who has to lose 60kg needs to do this to be able to live a "regular" healthy life and not drop dead by the age of 57. Someone who is trying to cut down the last weight is aiming for something much more ambitious than "just being in the healthy" range. You're going for being the best you can be - which I find far more admirable.
    Best of luck!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi Loris! Welcome!
  • CocoLoris
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    Welcome! I get why you'd feel weird in a way about "only" having to lose 6kg as opposed to 60. But think of it like this: someone who has to lose 60kg needs to do this to be able to live a "regular" healthy life and not drop dead by the age of 57. Someone who is trying to cut down the last weight is aiming for something much more ambitious than "just being in the healthy" range. You're going for being the best you can be - which I find far more admirable.
    Best of luck!

Hey, thanks. That is a nice way of looking at it for sure. I’m in such a better (and stronger) mindset now. Of course time will probably test me, but I have survived every day up till now :-)
    Hi Loris! Welcome!

Hello! Thanks for the welcome.

• FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've got a great attitude. Hopefully the emotional work you've done will help you handle any tough patches on the way to your goal.

I understand the feeling that my goal might not be 'significant' if it's not a lot to lose. I think stories of people reaching a rock bottom in their lives and then making a comeback are really compelling. But realising how long I've wanted to lose weight and how much time I've spent thinking about it makes me realise that for me this IS significant.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to your progress. (And I'm glad if I helped you to post your story in some way)
  • CocoLoris
    Options
    @FrankieandSpots - thanks. You got my message loud and clear. And yep, your post is what made me take the leap of writing my own intro (and consequently being more digitally social). This is something I have wanted to do for ages, and your post was so well written and hit the right tone (for me).
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Welcome here Loris !