Living the Lifestyle, Friday Oct. 11, 2019

Options
goldenfrisbee
goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
edited October 2019 in Social Groups
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for October are below:

Monday - whathapnd (Emmie)
Tuesday - Imastar2 (Derrick)
Wednesday - gavinflynn1 (Gavin)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - goldenfrisbee (Chris)

Today’s topic: Go to snack

When you find yourself longing for one more thing to eat between dinner and bedtime, do you have a healthy choice that you go to?

Replies

• cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,896 Member
    Options
    I wish I did, my problem with most "snacks" is the urge to eat too many of them. Popcorn seems to be the least offensive on the list of snacks, but I can only eat so much of it.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,091 Member
    Options
    Not my normal snack time. I sometimes have a bit of chocolate. My regular snack time is mid afternoon with air popped seasoned popcorn. That's my go to healthy snack.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Like Bob, I'm not a night time snacker as I just go to bed early. Afternoons at work are usually a troublesome time. 1 oz of almonds or 2 hard boiled eggs are my go to snacks.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,987 Member
    Options
    I'll usually eat 1 or 2 apples, and 1 or 2 Ostrim beef/elk sticks (3sp for 2 sticks), and finish off with a small ice cream cup, or a FF pudding.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the phase I'm in and the snacks I've been eating have been one of the real areas I've got to crack down on. Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate this not my friend. It is a demonic bomb sent to destroy me. In all seriousness I have latched onto this candy or whatever it is and abused it. So number 1 got to get rid of this habit. I'm slight moderation it's probably ok but I'm having a problem with it so for now and forever it's got to go.

There are other snacks that are heathy I just got to go to them instead.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been the best at practicing this lately, but when I was doing my best, I had a whole bunch of healthy options for late night snacks.
    - popcorn (low fat version)
    - Cheese sticks
    - Pickles
    - WW chocolate cake dessert (I forget the name)
    - Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches
    - Chicken breast with a dipping sauce
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    I use to eat a lot of raw veggies now it's ice which has been out of hand
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My main evening snack remains ice cream. Lately I’ve taken to baking my own “cookies” from instant oatmeal, overripe banana and maple syrup. If I gave one to my dear departed grandmother and called it a cookie she’d fall on the floor laughing. But if I’m looking for something just before bed it will do.