hangnails & dry skin

Options
zanyterp
zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
i am working on getting fully back on the wagon (been a rough couple months with birthdays and invitations to visit friends for dinner and general "oops") and have noticed the last few days that hangnails & dry/miniature abrasion fingertips have returned. i am trying to determine if this is "simply" winter is coming (since that is what my hands do during the winter) or if it is tied to the higher carb load. i know i can't blame **everything** on carbs (as tempting as it is); but i know i have a higher carb count than this time last year and i am trying to rule in/out that as a culprit.
has anyone seen a reduction of hangnails or fingertip cracks as you target high fat with low carb?

thanks!

Replies

• EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not me. My fingertips are moist.... lol that sounds weird.
  • zanyterp
    Options
    Thanks!
    I figured it was bad luck/timing on the return. But I was hoping for an excuse I could use with my wife 😐🤓
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have had less issues with cracking fingers in the two winters I've been keto...that being said, we also had some fairly mild winters, so I don't know how much of that is really due to keto or just maybe lucking out on the weather.
  • zanyterp
    Options
    thank you, @tcunbeliever
    i am hoping it is tied to keto (which will help encourage me to keep track better:))