Can't workout on Dr's orders

This sucks! I had bloodwork done, and everything was high. Protein in my urnie, diabetes, and my blood pressure was dangerously high. He said I was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.I canceled my trainer, and all I can really do is walk at a slow pace. Anybody else have a dr tell them they can't work out? If so, what did you do besides walk? Oh yeah, still waiting to hear back from my echocardiogram, and ecg. Not good.

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    You can lose weight without exercise...weigh and measure your food and log it.....your doctor might put you on a special diet until some of your issues are resolved....I am sorry about your health issues....most importantly, follow your doctors instructions and do everything he tells you to do...try to keep your spirits up....sending you all good thoughts!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Just do the walking at a slow pace. Enjoy being outside. Get some sunshine and vitamin D. Take it slow. I could only walk very slowly and for about 20 minutes when I started anyway! Weigh and log your food. Slow and steady. If you can just move as much as possible...I got a standing desk so I could opt to stand instead of sitting when I was at my desk. Good luck! Hope your next results show improvements.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Yoga? Are you able to go to the pool to do walking that kind of thing there.. I've got an enlarged heart so I went through the ecg and stress test. It's scary but you can do this.💜
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    The pool is a good idea.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    This sucks! I had bloodwork done, and everything was high. Protein in my urnie, diabetes, and my blood pressure was dangerously high. He said I was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.I canceled my trainer, and all I can really do is walk at a slow pace. Anybody else have a dr tell them they can't work out? If so, what did you do besides walk? Oh yeah, still waiting to hear back from my echocardiogram, and ecg. Not good.

I can't do cardio or lift at the moment so I am just walking but my situation is temporary.

You should consult a registered dietitian. It might help to have an eating plan that addresses your specific test results.

Please take care of yourself and keep up updated.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    I’m sorry to hear about your health issues. Due to my MS I sometimes have to limit what activities or workouts I do because of a high chance of injury or symptom exacerbation. During those times the best thing I can do for myself is to take a slow walk and carefully follow my eating plan. It’s hard, especially when I’ve been following my exercise plan and making great progress, but it won’t help my health to push my body beyond its limits.

My advice is to ask your doctor about what activities you are allowed and to carefully follow your meal plan. It is the best thing that you can do for yourself right now. I hope that you get the health issues figured out soon. Hang in there.
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Thanks guys. I'm doing yoga for now. Just low impact stuff. Nothing too weird! Just working on flexibility
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Hope you get a clean bill of health soon!.....