Is this group still active?

Options
durhammfp
durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
Hi folks, I just started C25K a couple weeks ago. This morning (01 Oct 2019) I ran 3W1R. It *seems* to be getting easier... knock on wood.

Is anyone else in this group just starting out? I have already committed to a race on 07 Dec 2019 and it would be nice to have some virtual running partners going through the same program at the same time.

On another thread I asked people if they used just an app or if they trained with a group IRL for their first 5K. I decided to just go with the app from Active... at least for now. If for some reason this does not work out I may go to a running store for help. But so far, I like these peaceful, quiet morning runs.

Replies

• Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 2 days ahead of you so pretty close. I use the 5k Runmeter app like you say it is finally getting a bit easier.
    I tend to plan my 3 runs at the start of the week based on weather forecast as then I know if I can have an extra day rest if needed without missing a run that week. Awful weather in the uk atm so not making things easy.
  • durhammfp
    Options
    adampeart wrote: »
    Hey I am 2 days ahead of you so pretty close. I use the 5k Runmeter app like you say it is finally getting a bit easier.
    I tend to plan my 3 runs at the start of the week based on weather forecast as then I know if I can have an extra day rest if needed without missing a run that week. Awful weather in the uk atm so not making things easy.

Oh yeah, bad weather. Ugh. I guess I will have to go to the gym if that gets in the way... though I have never run on a treadmill, yet.
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    Yer I’m hoping to always be able to work around it. Light rain no problem but the heavy rain and thunderstorms we are having aren’t great for running.
  • durhammfp
    Options
    Yer I’m hoping to always be able to work around it. Light rain no problem but the heavy rain and thunderstorms we are having aren’t great for running.

Speaking of rain, I have never run in the rain but I can't say I think it would bother me. (When I was much younger I was in a high school marching band and our band director took pleasure in making us march in the rain for hours during band camp...just to prove we wouldn't get hurt and the instruments wouldn't either, lol.)

But I do worry about lightning.
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    Yer rain isn’t too bad now I have the right clothes for it. Starting week 4 in the morning and I can’t wait!
  • durhammfp
    Options
    @adampeart 3W2R done. It feels like this plan is moving too slowly... OTOH, I had a fun workout today and it did push my fitness limits. Plus I'm still injury free. :-)
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    Yer I hear you it is slow n steady but that changes week 5. Run this morning was so nice and managed to do 2.5 miles. Have added my view this morning.
  • durhammfp
    Options
    Have added my view this morning.
    I'll have to post a pic from my run tomorrow.

• Cricketmad88
    Options
    Don’t forget to get their name too 😉😂
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    I just back this weekend after a month of cycling. W6R2 in the 'starting 1st July' thread
  • durhammfp
    Options
    As promised, I have attached a photo from this morning's run, W3R3.h6bg9nlf4fhh.jpg
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    When is your next run @durhammfp ?
  • durhammfp
    Options

This coming Friday. Thanks for asking. I will post a pic for that one too. I'll be on a long-planned trip to see an old friend so I'm not sure where I will run yet.

Are you running this week @TheMrWobbly?
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    W6 completed Tuesday. I am going to start W7 tomorrow and hopefully a parkrun Saturday dependent on the weather which looks grim currently.
  • durhammfp
    Options
    W6 completed Tuesday. I am going to start W7 tomorrow and hopefully a parkrun Saturday dependent on the weather which looks grim currently.

Excellent! Congratulations on finishing week 6. I'm getting a little concerned that W5R3 is coming up soon for me. Maybe if I can make it over that hurdle, weeks 6-9 won't look so scary to me... W4R3 is my next run.

• durhammfp
    Options

W4R3 done.

apmesmyt4pyf.jpg

• TheMrWobbly
    Options
    You run in some interesting places
  • durhammfp
    Options
    You run in some interesting places

Unfortunately this last place is very temporary. I'm just visiting an old friend in California for a few days. Wednesday I'll be back home. :(
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    How is progress @durhammfp ?
  • durhammfp
    Options
    How is progress @durhammfp ?

Well Sir... thank you for asking. Just finished W7R1 this morning, so I am right on schedule. I'm figuring out that it really is a mental game. How are you coming along?