Keto works! New NSVs

Emmapatterson1729
Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
edited September 2019 in Social Groups
diwbr1oko45r.jpg

Tried on my inspiration shorts, They were too big (left). Tried on shorts two sizes smaller, shorts I never thought I'd be back into (figured I'd make them my new inspiration shorts)... They were loose (right). So happy! I love losing!!

Starting pictures below! I'm just ecstatic and in shock... Over the top thrilled with my results so far!

Replies

• kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    I just started, this is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited September 2019
    kiddycat73 wrote: »
    I just started, this is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing!!

Thanks, good luck! It can feel a little restrictive at times, but well worth it if you can stick to it. Never thought I'd lose this much weight, this rapidly staying full and satisfied! It's definitely doable. ;)
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited October 2019
    This 3 month transformation started at 1410 calorie intake being sedentary, no workouts!

After one month in had dropped like 12 inches off the biggest part of stomach. I wanted to slow loss down so upped my calories to 1600-1700.

The more I loss, my energy rose, and I became more active. I now workout and consume over 1800 calories on workout days.

I'm 5'8" 45 yrs old, have been perimenopausal with hormonal problems since 25 years old when heart failed from eating too low of calories.

Keto works quickly without dropping to a dangerously low calorie intake.
  • heathers1219
    heathers1219 Posts: 6 Member
    So awesome! I am 4 weeks in on the keto diet and lost 11lbs. Any good recipes?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    So awesome! I am 4 weeks in on the keto diet and lost 11lbs. Any good recipes?

I got a good recipe for pizza crust, keto chocolate ice cream, and fat bombs... But only eat but these rarely if having a craving.

I haven't gotten sick of steak, chicken, veggies, eggs, cooked in olive oil, butter, and/or fatty cheeses.
  • CBell223
    CBell223 Posts: 36 Member
    How much have you lost in 3 months?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited October 2019
    CBell223 wrote: »
    How much have you lost in 3 months?

@CBell223

Not exactly sure...I don't own a scale. I can estimate off size and history.

Started June, size 20-22 (squeezing and literally ripping the seams out of size 18 yoga pants, but refusing to go buy new pants, because I didn't want to buy in the 20s). When this size in past due to injuries causing immobility weighed around 220-230 ish.

Now fitting comfortably into US misses 12s and juniors 13. Usually when in twelves weigh around 155-175 lbs. (Size 10-12--where I am comfortable with how I look and feel, size I've been most of my life)

Guess would be in between 50-60 lbs.

I know people in real life have been asking me if I'm sure I'm not anorexic again.. And starving myself. But I've been eating a lot since June... I always watch calories to make sure getting enough in. Pretty much 1400-1900 a day since starting. Just cut starches, breads, and sugars (and the inflammation list for keto: vegetable oils--corn, canola, seed and nut oils, legumes, and beans). And I don't do any of the sugar-free products, tried one in the beginning and got kicked out of ketogenic state.

• heathers1219
    heathers1219 Posts: 6 Member
    Do you balance calories in with the carbs and fat? I feel like I slowed down in my weight loss and looking it up, I think im eating too many calories.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Do you balance calories in with the carbs and fat? I feel like I slowed down in my weight loss and looking it up, I think im eating too many calories.

I don't understand what you mean by balancing?

I keep my carbs low... It's the only macro I really watch. I have my goals set for 5% carbs, 70% fats, and 25% proteins.

I usually get very close to this without too much effort.

If eating a normal diet with carbs, dropping calories might help with plateau, but on Keto, I honestly don't think it applies. Keto is known for long plateaus then sudden large drops. I haven't noticed this, because I don't weigh myself, I only take pics and measurements.

Even if your weight-loss has halted, do you measure? If still losing inches, no need for dropping calories on keto. I've consistently raised my calories, and keep losing inches.

Practical calories according to height and honest activity level, plus eating back some of the exercise calories are all very important to organ and hormone health, especially when eating keto that already changes hormones and drops electrolytes.

I have an open diary to friends, and log everyday, if you want to shoot a request.

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Emmapatterson1729 you look awesome!!!

Way to go! Great job! I started back on August 5 and still consider myself a bit of a Newbie. You are an inspiration!! <3
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    @Emmapatterson1729 you look awesome!!!

Way to go! Great job! I started back on August 5 and still consider myself a bit of a Newbie. You are an inspiration!! <3

Thanks!! I love Keto! Just for the way it makes me feel!! The weightloss is an added bonus!

You can do it!
  • samandheatherdover
    samandheatherdover Posts: 20 Member
    ddgcmjfcnoiz.jpg

When and where I started! A little more to lose, but getting closer to goal! Cutting carbs has been the best decision I could've made for my health! This has been a crazy journey to health!

Youre doing amazing!!

• mkrobins
    mkrobins Posts: 4 Member
    Just started Keto today. Your results are very impressive!
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    <u neighbor actually told me I looked like I had lost the 12 pounds I have lost. Made me feel like I was 100% on track
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    I am just starting back and am glad to see your amazing progress!
  • Selendraco
    Selendraco Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2019

Your calories are going to be high, because your calories are mostly fat.

So you throw calories out the window, and just focus on the carbs.
  • AzarielMoon
    AzarielMoon Posts: 36 Member
    Since I started keto, and recording in on MFP, I've had 2 days I've made 1000 calories. Every other day has been below that, and my carbs generally 15-20 total (not factoring dietary fibre)

So far I have lost 5kg in 5 weeks, and centimetres off all of my measurements too.. I've still got a long way to go till my goal weight, but I'm hopeful I will get there in the next couple of years. I'm going from 103.8kg (in July 2018) / 99.5kg (on 3rd Oct 2019 the day I started keto) to about 55-58kg.

Over the last 3 weeks I've also started going to the gym a couple days a week. So far per week I've been in 2 days in the gym and 1 in the pool. I'm hoping to be 3 days in the gym and 2 days in the pool (I'm doing hydrotherapy for a knee injury).