over 60 Keto experience

Options
fitte_Oma
fitte_Oma Posts: 6 Member
I am 60 years old, need to lose 50 pounds and improve my fitness and flexibility. I used to do competition sports, when I was young, but let myself go (partly because of illness, which luckily has been overcome for quite some time) over the years. Now I would like to become a fit and active grandma for my two little grandsons. I have done KETO for three weeks and like the lifestyle, but I would like to have an exchange with others for information, inspiration and support. Is anyone interested?

Replies

• liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've added you as a friend but I'm a little different than you in the fact that I'm 49, and still raising my own children (youngest is 10). But I don't see why we can't exchange information, inspiration and support! :)
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am 55 here. Been doing Keto for about 3 months, down 53lbs (but I have a lot to lose) Definitely add me. Found Keto very doable.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am 61, I turn 62 on Saturday. I'm excited to be finally successful at losing weight with Keto. I'm so happy I could scream!
  • wsandford
    wsandford Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Turned 65 this past September. I've been fortunate enough to stay in shape over the years. I usually swim 1.3 miles at 5:30 a.m. on Tu and Th, run M, W, F and do strength classes M and Sa. I also finished 4 half ironman events, half marathons, sprints, super sprints, etc. up until 4 years ago. I stopped because didn't want to risk stressing my heart muscles with long distances and intensity.

At 6' 1" my BMI indicates I should weight 189, but I feel and look better between 193 and 195, so that's my goal weight. Today I weight 199.2, so I don't have far to go.

I did the Atkins plan a number of years ago and easily maintained my weight, but I wasn't comfortable with how healthy the plan was. After stumbling across Dr. Ken Berry's YouTube video on Keto, it captured my interest. I also read his book "Lies My Doctor Told Me" so I was already comfortable with Dr. Berry.

I'm on this site to learn from others. I officially started keto this past Saturday and I might be able to get my wife to go along with it. I'm not retired yet, but it's on the horizon.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and have just over a year doing keto. I was already on a weight loss journey before starting keto, but had plateaued for over a year doing low fat and counting calories. Since starting keto I've lost 20 more pounds and am only 2 pounds from goal. Better than that, I no longer crave sweets and I'm not constantly hungry. Keto has been a life changer for me.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I am 59 later this month - so close to that 60 cutoff. I resolved to lose weight in Jan 2016. I went low carb in October of that year and keto in January 2017. I hit my goal weight in July of 2018 and have stuck with the keto in maintenance.
  • taylor850mfp
    taylor850mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 62 and lost 20 pounds I’ve 6 months. I feel great!