Living The Lifestyle Tuesday 11/t/19

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 5,939 Member
edited November 2019 in Social Groups
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for September are below:

Monday -88olds (George)
Tuesday - Imastar2 (Derrick)
Wednesday - gavinflynn1 (Gavin)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - Al_Howard (Al Howard)

Today’s topic: Splurging or rewarding or over indulging for a short period of time.

Is there a day or weekend that you set aside during the week or month that you kinda go for it? Maybe extra alcohol beverage or dessert or more volume. Then jump right back on the program? If you don't do this what is the reason you don't.

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,939 Member
    Options
    Friday night is date night for DW and I but of late I've even tried to not go over if possible. We both live steak and baked potato so it's a little difficult to limit our selves to 3 oz of beef so we go over there and also there's the baked potato we both love those. So IRA back ri the program right after that.

It's the little foxes that get into the hen house through the week. I've said many times of myself that I have to cold turkey a lot of foods that trigger me and a few occassions that I gave to be very careful with especially buffets which make up a few meals a month like maybe 6-7 ? I'm learning to behave at those as I write. Every Tuesday for example I have a meal st a Civic Club meeting. Just learning to get the mindset right.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,901 Member
    Options
    Friday is our date night also, plus I pretty much enjoy all three nights. Get back on the straight and narrow Monday AM. Would lose more, but.....
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    When losing my meeting was on Sunday, so that was the start of my week. I generally had lunch with the kids and felt pretty much free to order as I pleased. But it was the WPA reset. Everything was counted.

I made a point to not reward myself with food. But I always wrote treats and indulgences right into my plan. My mindset just always seemed a bit different than a lot of people. I was trying to figure out how much I could get, not how much I could do without. One function of using a food scale was to make sure that my portions were as much as I could get for the points. When counting points I ate nearly every available point in the course of most weeks. So long as I was losing and comfortable enough with how I was living I was a happy WWer.

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,185 Member
    Options
    I did when I first did WW. I don't any longer.

When I first did it, I had one "cheat day," which was Saturday - after weigh-in. It worked really well for a long time. Then, one day turned into two days, which broke down into everyday. Not good.

I think Drew Carey is right (and I paraphrase): "Eating crappy food is not a reward."

• Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I traet each day the same. I do over eat more than I should.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,843 Member
    Options
    When I first joined WW my meeting was on Sunday. I always remember 1 member who referred to it as "cheating Sunday" because after weigh in she would splurge for the rest of the day and then spend Monday to Saturday being very strict. That never made a lot of sense to me at the time. For me its not a spcific day of the week so much as events, dinner with friends, birthdays, holidays etc. There seems to be an endless parade of days where my tendency is to say "what the heck its only 1 meal" I have 1 coming up this Friday. My plan is to not drink wine if I can maintain my focus. The problem with alcohol is that 1 is never enough, and by the time I get to the bottom of the 2nd one my inhibitions for over indulging have all been thrown to the wind
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,075 Member
    Options
    I don't set aside a day or time per se but am more willing to have my special dinners earlier in the week as I weigh in on Sunday. I don't view it as cheating but it does help with the salt loading etc.