Total Carbs vs Net Carbs: An official request

Options
I know that I can calculate Net Carbs by subtracting the Fiber and Sugar Alcohol from the Total Carbs, but why can't MyFitnessPal do this for me? I want to see my Macros (Fat, Protein & Net Carbs) right in my Food Diary. Why can't we have the option of using Net Carbs? How many of you would like this feature? Please add your voice!

Replies

• ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @shidevlin you must’ve read my mind today. I was thinking about this just today! After beating myself up for not reaching my carb goals, I did a big ol’ face palm. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Duh!!! Net carbs!!! Why is MFP counting my fiber against me?

MFP, please please please calc my net carbs! TY.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    You need to make this request over at : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/website-suggestions-feedback

We can't do anything with the suggestions, the web designers need to know this is being requested. But don't hold your breath in getting a reply quickly.
  • shidevlin
    shidevlin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy Thanks for that suggestion. I was hoping I could find more people to support the idea first!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    In the launch pad stickies at the beginning of this forum, there is a MFP troubleshooting section that gives you an easy to download script to run on your diary page that will add a net fiber column. It is probably the best thing you are going to get since people have been asking MFP for this since before it was sold to UA and they arent not to keen on doing it.
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »
    In the launch pad stickies at the beginning of this forum, there is a MFP troubleshooting section that gives you an easy to download script to run on your diary page that will add a net fiber column. It is probably the best thing you are going to get since people have been asking MFP for this since before it was sold to UA and they arent not to keen on doing it.

Great recommendation! I will give this a try. Thank you!

• shidevlin
    shidevlin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @alliwan Thank you so much! It worked!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    shidevlin wrote: »
    I know that I can calculate Net Carbs by subtracting the Fiber and Sugar Alcohol from the Total Carbs, but why can't MyFitnessPal do this for me? I want to see my Macros (Fat, Protein & Net Carbs) right in my Food Diary. Why can't we have the option of using Net Carbs? How many of you would like this feature? Please add your voice!

The problem with this request and the #1 reason that it hasn't been implemented (and probably will never be implemented) is that there is no consistency in labels between countries (this is an international site). Some countries display total carbs with a break-out of carbs/fiber and some countries display net carbs on the label. To add to that, there are millions of database entries (all or most user entered) that would have to be updated to support the request as well.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Use Cronometer, Carb Manager or Stupid Simple Macros for tracking-just to name a few of rhe multitude of sites that have a net carb option.