November 19 Sign In

Options

Replies

• lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life Anne of Green Gables is timeless!

3x’s yes. One hour of kickboxing and 45 minutes of spin. I’m really working on getting into spinning. It’s not my favorite but I feel like it’s good for my endurance and I’m pushing myself outside of my comfort zone.

Good on calories with no eat backs.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life I looooove Anne of Green Gables. Saw the movies so many times as a kid and I listened to all the audio books last year.

11/19 - Exercise: walked dogs .75 mile, 30 min walking breaks at work, 45 min walk with hubby
    Calories: good but poor food choices
    Logged: everything
  • marg804n2
    marg804n2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    11/19
    exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20 minute morning workout and 20 minute evening walk
    calorie budget for the day? Yes, 1145 calories
    track everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 - 1600 meter swim - Interesting books. I've read food and exercise books in the past that helped to spur me on my way: John Pollan's Food Rules and Younger Next Year by Chris(?) and Harry(?) are two.
  • sweet_october
    sweet_october Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes :)
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 Yep! It's a muscle pull with accompanying knot. As of this morning, it's 90% resolved.
    @Irsirius The Stretching book is an excellent classic. I bought that book a long time ago. I had forgotten about it.Thanks.
    @TerriRichardson112 My goodness, Tony looks mighty young in that edition.
    @victorious55 Tell us something about that book, please.
    @BonnieHosk85 are you getting anything to help you recover? Sorry this has lasted for too long.
    @w8goal4life Thanks for sharing your favorite recent reads.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Exercise: 30 minutes stretch therapy and 23 minutes walking at 3.5 mph and then squats.
    Calories: under by a nice margin
    Tracking: good
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    3+1 yeses, despite a bit of a messed up day. Spent the morning at the vet‘s for some follow-up visits, made it late into work and worked late. Managed to have a small dinner (since I snacked at a work reception) followed by a 15 min bodyscan meditation and 30 min of exercise. Tracked everything and am 30 kcal under my limit. Proud, because I certainly didn’t feel like meditating or exercising!

I‘ve been reading a mix of things, most recently Pema Chödrön‘s „When Things Fall Apart“ and some stories from Jhumpa Lahiri, one of my favorite authors.

Since I’m hopefully finally coming out of a period of chronic stress, I‘m hoping to focus on getting back into an exercise and meditation routine and shedding some of the 20 pounds I gained thanks to stress eating.

For exercise I love Jillian Michael‘s 30 day shred. Nothing I‘ve tried in the past is quite as effective. I’m now into week two of level one and can already feel a difference also on my runs. Personally I don’t mind her and it is essentially free. I can do it in about 30 min, the time it would take me to walk to the gym and get changed.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @fitqueenbess Younger Next Year is one of my favorites and of @Bill70sStrong. The authors are Cris Crowley and Henry Lodge (Harry), M.D.
    @yellowbird13 Thanks for sharing your favorites!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Pass Day 2 for me.

I can still make winners circle, I just need to be disciplined in my choices.

It was a rough day. Started with a burst pipe at home so I spent most of the day at work trying to get insurance to send someone to home. It was finally resolved and appears someone tried to cut our pipe. I love this country but do get sad by the amount of crime the happens.

At work, I sent my colleague home because she came in with a stomach bug she caught from one of the other staff. I don't want to catch it and share an office with her so I convinced her to use her sick leave. Running back and forth checking on the puppies while getting everything else done. That includes finding someone to catch the feral kittens discovered at the dinosaurs feet, getting pr to make a post on social media to counter the rumours that our dangerous snakes have escaped (apparently they are polite and will knock on your door though), sorting out a leave query for one of my staff, finding a working clock for the fish kitchen as the staff keep getting them wet, unexpected arrival of Reach for A dream with a terminally I'll cold for animal interactions and of course all the normal daily stuff.

I skipped pilates in the morning as I had to be available to answer my phone for insurance. Planned to do physio exercises at lunchtime but didn't get a break so ate on the run. By the time work was over and I was supposed to go to Jiu Jitsu, I was dead and need to work through to Sunday so needed rest.

I made the bad choice to stop at the shop on the way home and bought junk.

Today is a new day...
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    11/19
    Exercised? yes
    Tracked? yes
    Calories? yes

Passes Used: 1/3
    Weight lost in Nov: 0

Intense exercise day so under on calories. Feeling sore but successful!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    This was my go to reference when I first started getting fit eons ago -

88vv951gc69w.jpeg
    [/quote]

I remember recommending and selling the First Edition when I was running a mail order bookshop, way back in the last century ... I go to a weekly Stretching class now, really helpful!
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 today!
  • vhschnure629
    vhschnure629 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Did 30 minutes of exercise, logged my food, and ate under my calorie allotment. My steps were not great today, but I was tired today and my body needed a little rest!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Not reading anything at the moment as the library was closed on my last visit #check opening times! Have been inspired to check out fitness section!
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 10 min yoga, 180min cleaning
    Tracking yes Calories yes