Starting (again)...

Options
Hey! I’m a mom of 3. It seems every time I get my weight under control something happens. The first time depression and overeating happened after a nasty divorce. The second time I got pregnant with baby number 2. And never lost the weight before baby number 3 made an appearance. I’m now 2.5 months PP and ready to dive back in. I love cooking and baking and have tons of recipes saved. I’d love to have friends on here to talk with and encourage each other. I’ve done it by myself every other time.

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi robin_Myers33, I’m a mom also. I’m not exactly keto but I am grain free sugar free and low carb. I’m here for health reasons. Trying tomanage my auto immune disease . I cook out of necessity. I hate baking. I like to read and be outside when the weather is nice. I like holistic medicine and plants. I eat to much and don’t exercise enough. I just finished a Noom course so I’m hoping to not fall back into old habits....
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m a mom of 3. It seems every time I get my weight under control something happens. The first time depression and overeating happened after a nasty divorce. The second time I got pregnant with baby number 2. And never lost the weight before baby number 3 made an appearance. I’m now 2.5 months PP and ready to dive back in. I love cooking and baking and have tons of recipes saved. I’d love to have friends on here to talk with and encourage each other. I’ve done it by myself every other time.

Hi, I too love to cook and bake. I haven't really ventured into baking since starting my journey. I am not doing true keto because I am not doing the high fat but its been working for me so far. Now that the holidays are coming I did purchase some almond and coconut flour and saved a bunch of recipes so let's see how this goes. Sending you a FR.
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @robin_myers33! I also love to bake, but I haven't given it a try on keto/lchf yet. I bought some erythritol and almond flour so I can experiment, but I am nervous to try because those ingredients are expensive! My neighbor has a keto baked goods and her stuff is absolutely amazing. I would love to raid her recipe box.

Anywho.... Feel free to add me. I'm new and looking for friends as well!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again as well. This is probably my 6th restart in 14 years. Sounds pathetic when I type it out lol. I understand life getting in the way! It's tough. Sounds like you're prepared though, you'll do great! I read and comment on threads for support, it helps!
  • ploomka
    Options
    @shannonigans84 not pathetic. It's actually great. Many people just give in and give up. The fact that you keep coming back shows your persistence. Life happens. You are not afraid to get back on the horse, no matter how many times you get thrown. That is fearlessness. You got this!
  • ucbycindy
    ucbycindy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well today is restart # 102 time😡...sadly I reach new high...not a goal I try to reach. I am a single mom and stress is my killer...I have been working crazy hours, and I default to quick easy bad foods
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I think assimilation into everyday life is a huge part of making this work long term, at least for me. It's easy to do the calorie math, and tracking food doesn't really take that long, activity can be fit in even if it's only 10 min at a time...but the hard part is making it all fit your lifestyle...having those quick meals hanging around in the cabinets, meals that fit your goals, because the days when you don't have a lot of time to cook are going to happen...and then restocking them so they are always around when you need them, because you never really know when something if going to happen and you are going to need them...knowing what you can order out or pick up quickly for instant meals when you need them, that's something that takes time to sort out and it's very trial and error, but once you incorporate it as a habit, then it's there when you need it...and even having backups of those plans...nothing as frustrating as showing up at the grocery all prepared for rotisserie chicken and salad then they are out of what you want, and what do I grab now, in 5 min time, that's not a million calories???

Wherever possible, try to assimilate your new plans into your existing life. You know the busy days are going to happen, plan for those first.

WW has a vegetable soup that is literally "open 5 cans and heat" and it's like 50 calories a cup. That's one of my quick meal, always keep around, recipes. Pair that up with some biscuits or frozen rolls, or extra pasta/rice to fill the calorie needs of the not-dieting family, and you have a super easy meal for a busy day.

Keep trying, don't quit, every attempt is one step closer to success!
  • ploomka
    Options
    @ucbycindy You can do it! I am cheering for you. Kudos for recommitting yourself.

@tcunbeliever had some great suggestions. I am a big fan of bulk meal prep. I buy the glad storage containers in the 25oz entree size cuz they are cheap and stack well in the fridge. I find when the meals are split up into individual containers, they are easy to grab and go, and microwave friendly.

I'm lucky because I work from home, but with my chronic pain issues, just because I am here doesn't make cooking frequently any easier. I have to make sure I take care of things in advance, when I am having a lower pain day, so that I don't give in to UberEats when I feel like crap.