Replies

• reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.3
    CW: 123.1 Friday's weight if you want

I weighed myself friday morning before surgery.

@reflectionofme How are you feeling? Hoping everything went well and you are feeling great real soon.

It has been rough to say the least. In all honesty if I had known the first 5 days were going to be as bad as they were I wouldn't of had the surgery. The pain is finally bearable with meds at least and once the drains come out I'm sure I'll feel more comfortable. Hopefully it ends up being worth it when it's all said and done. In case I haven't mentioned previously.... I had a panniculectomy with bellybutton repositioning.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    @reflectionofme I hope you have a speedy recovery and everything turns out great!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,029 Member
    It has been rough to say the least. In all honesty if I had known the first 5 days were going to be as bad as they were I wouldn't of had the surgery. The pain is finally bearable with meds at least and once the drains come out I'm sure I'll feel more comfortable. Hopefully it ends up being worth it when it's all said and done. In case I haven't mentioned previously.... I had a panniculectomy with bellybutton repositioning.
    I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel a bit better - the founder of the F2F Challenge, @mari_moulin had this surgery a few months ago, and also had a rough time at first. She was out running around not too long later, though, but it was not easy at all for a while. Hang in there, and take it easy as long as you need to.
  • jugar
    jugar wrote: »
    DON'T FORGET!
    WEIGH INS ARE DUE!
    @tdrjustus3 (Monday)
    @Juliemargaretkim (Wednesday)
    @cory17 (Today)

thanks!

Still have not seen these yet today... Let's go!

and FRIDAY is BIG WEIGH-IN DAY!
    Heads up to:

@Connie7355
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Shexio
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    I am a day (or two!) late again ... it's the CRUNCH time of the semester -- we (me and my students) are finished the week after Thanksgiving, and the boy and his girlfriend are coming home for Thanksgiving (YAY!) and we have (ahem!) been using "his" room as our "crap" room (doesn't everyone have one of those???) so in addition to grading papers and grading papers and (did I mention? grading papers) I am trying to clean out a sleeping space and stay sane.

Sorry -- great little vent there. IN ADDITION -- I have a great friend who FORCED me to go to aerial yoga (oh yeah!) and I am now addicted -- it was great to hang upside down and do the yoga poses while being suspended in air with silk fabric. I am 62 years old, btw! In the "what a small world" -- a really sweet girl (20?) was there who takes Power Yoga classes at the same studio I go to -- and she was all about the fact that we were Power Yogis doing the Silk thing! Just a great day and I will be back!!

With that said, it is a disappointing week (harbinger of things to come, I'm afraid!)

CW: 129.9

I keep thinking I'll get back to the 120 marker.. where I belong. The road is LONG....

Great weeks everyone! 62 and FLYING!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    CW: 166
    PW: 166.4
    I’m struggling to stay engaged this week but a little progress. Will get moving and make sure to log everything to be accountable.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Weigh-in Friday
    PW: 179.6
    CW: 180.6
    AARGH!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    weight: 104.0
    steps: 6444
  • Connie7355
    PW 176.4
    CW 174.2

@micki48
    Steps 11/21
    Being on the step team has really pushed me to get those steps in every day and I think it’s making a big difference on helping me lose weight!
    Have a great weekend! We have Thanksgiving dinner #2 tomorrow and then we are headed to Texas on Wednesday next week. @jugar I don’t know if I’ll be able to weigh in next Friday or not. I will if I can. We aren’t coming home until Sunday the 1st so I’ll see if I can find a scale to weigh on there. I may weigh in early on Wednesday if that’s ok??
  • Connie7355
    @juliemargaretkim Wow!! I’m so impressed with your aerial yoga class!! That sounds like so much fun!! I’m 64 and can’t imagine doing that so kudos to you!!!
  • jugar
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    PW 176.4
    CW 174.2

@micki48
    Steps 11/21
    Being on the step team has really pushed me to get those steps in every day and I think it’s making a big difference on helping me lose weight!
    Have a great weekend! We have Thanksgiving dinner #2 tomorrow and then we are headed to Texas on Wednesday next week. @jugar I don’t know if I’ll be able to weigh in next Friday or not. I will if I can. We aren’t coming home until Sunday the 1st so I’ll see if I can find a scale to weigh on there. I may weigh in early on Wednesday if that’s ok??

Great job! You have had a terrific week - and don't worry for next week. The best would be to weigh in early, because by Sunday we're into week 4 and you would have a missed week. If you want to just skip that is fine too. If you get too busy and forget on Wednesday, I'll just put you in as excused for the week. Have a great trip and keep up the steps!
  • jugar
    Weigh In Day
    PW 182
    CW 183.4

I knew this was gonna happen, I just didn't get it together in time, but next week is gonna be Freaking Fabulous !

You didn't do too badly, and you are right back to FF. Yes!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Thanks for the wishes on surgery.
    I’ll be off my feet for more than a couple months.

The gym foes have a hand cycle which I plan to use. And then I can also do upper body weights. I’ve found a few you tubers that have similar issues- and will watch them for some inspo.

Happy Friday !!!
  • jugar
    I am a day (or two!) late again ... it's the CRUNCH time of the semester -- we (me and my students) are finished the week after Thanksgiving, and the boy and his girlfriend are coming home for Thanksgiving (YAY!) and we have (ahem!) been using "his" room as our "crap" room (doesn't everyone have one of those???) so in addition to grading papers and grading papers and (did I mention? grading papers) I am trying to clean out a sleeping space and stay sane.

Sorry -- great little vent there. IN ADDITION -- I have a great friend who FORCED me to go to aerial yoga (oh yeah!) and I am now addicted -- it was great to hang upside down and do the yoga poses while being suspended in air with silk fabric. I am 62 years old, btw! In the "what a small world" -- a really sweet girl (20?) was there who takes Power Yoga classes at the same studio I go to -- and she was all about the fact that we were Power Yogis doing the Silk thing! Just a great day and I will be back!!

With that said, it is a disappointing week (harbinger of things to come, I'm afraid!)

CW: 129.9

I keep thinking I'll get back to the 120 marker.. where I belong. The road is LONG....

Great weeks everyone! 62 and FLYING!

I came onto the site this morning feeling discouraged after a not-so-wonderful weigh in. Then I read this. I was a university prof for 37 years, so reading about the end of the semester, grading grading and grading, and for me listening to performances, individual instrumental and vocal exams, coaching ensembles for their performances, etc. etc. really brought back that feeling of "I'm never going to get through this!". And having to clean the "crap" room at the same time - YIKES!! Indeed, a great vent :grimace:

But your aerial and power yoga part of the story is inspiring! I'm almost 66, and I do a lot of crazy stuff and keep in shape, but this sounds really fun. I'm gonna see if there is any class like this somewhere around here. I doubt it, we're pretty rural, but maybe one time when I go into the big city I can just try it out and give everyone a laugh! In any case, you put the smile back on my face, and got me out of my ridiculous funk. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Friday is under way! Some terrific weigh-ins - go @connie7355 @Steph1498 (YES, you LOST) and @Shexio :smiley:

@Pearl4686 and me and anyone having a struggle this week - yep. There are times where we slide around for a while. You know what to do - but it is hard to get yourself to do it. I have not had a good week, and one thing that has helped avoid bigger disaster is to visualise the eating of the thing I know is not a good idea. Visualise it thoroughly. The beginning feels great - the texture, the mouth feel, the yumminess. Then feel it going down. Really feel it in the stomach, sitting there feeling heavy. Then the aftermath - how is that food really going to make me feel? Keep going. Sometimes that is enough to stop me from buying it (several times this week with ice cream or cheese bread). If it is in the house, it keeps me away. But try to have an alternative too. I'm sure everyone is different, but if you're craving sweet/fat or salt/crunch/fat - go for sour. A great big dill pickle or 3. Or (my fave for sweet cravings) a whole beautiful red grapefruit. Peel it (takes a while), get all the thick white stuff off (takes a while), section it and enjoy. After those sour things, anything sweet or fatty tastes terrible for a while. It breaks the direct link from temptation to grab.

Anyone else have tips for temptations? Little tricks that help you avoid a pitfall?
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 209
    CW 209

I know what’s happening, I’m within my calories but it isn’t healthy food. I need to start munching on vegetables and protien!!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @micki48 steps 11/20 13,729
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I lost weight and my body just gave up. Nothing works anymore. I don't understand why the thing that was supposed to make me healthy has made me the most unhealthy I've ever been. :(

Work is beyond crazy right now. We fired some people, hired some people, I'm organizing 5 different charity events and head the brand new HR department, I'm trying to prep for my audit, we're all trying to switch to a whole new accounting/inventory/order management system, and I'm on day 5 of this migraine.

The point is, I've gained 10 pounds of stress. So my weigh ins are ridiculous.

I can't wait until Christmas vacation.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    This must be almost universal. I haven’t had a great week either. No workouts at all. Steps are ok. Food is sloppy. Still logging. I just read this article and found it helpful, informative, and motivating. It’s just what a crappy week deserves. Give it a read and share your thoughts.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-common-habits-that-sabotage-your-self-control/

I totally agree goals need to be set, sometimes you need a quick break be it exercise, logging, or food. But one thing I have found to be true this round is it’s all about progress not perfection. Sometimes that progress may feel very slow, but that motivation “muscle memory” may be developing. I feel it. Hope this article inspires you as well.
This discussion has been closed.