Neuropathy

Options
Hi everyone. I've been having strange leg pain when I walk. I'm getting a needle test to determine if I have neuropathy. What can be done if I have neuropathy and how can I work out without pain? Does neuropathy spread and worsen? Thank you!

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I have no clue on this, but I hope you get it figured out. I would be interested to know the results of your test and what you find out.
  • petitchatnoir41
    petitchatnoir41 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2t9nty - Thank you for responding. I will post what happens with the test. It's in January so there is a bit of a wait.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Sounds like they are going to do the EMG test, which is a nerve conduction test. They can be done for a number of things, besides neuropathy. Example I had one done in 2018, which found I had a severly compressed ulnar nerve in right arm. End result was surgery which greatly improved that specific issue.
    Neuropathy itself, can be due to Diabetes is not reversible, but some things can assist. The usual of good diet, having controlled blood sugars etc. If it really interferes with day to day life, there are quite a few different medications on the market to help with the symptoms as well.
    I was having severe issues with one of my feet, ended up going to a Podiartirst, who informed was a foot issue most likely not neuropathy. Turns out he was right. I now have a pair of Kenkohs massaging sandals, I wear often, as well as inserts for shoes. Issues with feet gone.
    I think you are taking the right approach, finding out what it is exactly.