**Let Play a Game of Bingo**

Options
starjam25
starjam25 Posts: 4,690 Member
edited November 2019 in Social Groups
Slytherin Bingo with some additional competition!!

Each participant gets a bingo card with 24 tasks/goals/challenges (ordered in a 5x5 table with the middle cell as a free joker). When you finish a task, you mark it as done on your card, and whenever you can cross off an entire row, column or diagonal, you have a bingo.

You can choose the 24 bingo items (tasks) completely by yourself, so you can tailor the difficulty and time involved to your own needs. If you want to add an element of surprise, you can also ask others to give you a few tasks.
The items can be food-related (e.g. stay under your carb goal 5/7 days), workout-related (e.g. exercise for 30 minutes 3/7) or something else (e.g. do a favor for a friend, have a relaxing evening, organize your wardrobe, and so on).

You can mix goals than can be achieved in a day, in a week or in several weeks.

Your tasks should be chosen such that you can finish everything in 4 weeks, since this is a 5 week term. No 2nd card this term.

You may include up to 12 items which relate directly to the main Hogwarts challenge (e.g. "do all classroom assignments in week 2", "keep my Unbreakable Vow", "get 1400 points in the first Quidditch match", and so on).
Make sure that you choose specific and measurable tasks (e.g. "work out for 20 minutes 3x per week" instead of "work out more")!

The tasks should pose a challenge for you - not too hard, but not too easy, either. You decide! At the start of the challenge one is often too optimistic about what one can do, so a good strategy may be to scale down the first ideas a little bit.

You may change up to two items during the course of the game, whenever you want in these 4 weeks.

You can find a list of ideas in the first tab of the spreadsheet (link below). Or you can browse through the cards of other students for inspiration.

If you want to play, grab an empty tab in the file here, enter your name and fill in your items:
BINGO CARDS

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gnnS-m_2_BQOgmrvF8tUtep9Er3RuHHcqpBtfv-ntw0/edit#gid=411742082

AND this term we are going to add some Slytherin points to the Bingo mix. These points are just our Slytherin house points but the one with the most points gets the most bragging rights!! So let's bring on the team competition.....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Vh9KEVhWMjr0xvZwZ89v2Pndd-QkbNPQOHJjeorU4E/edit?ts=5d66a8c9#gid=1484051406

Replies

• bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Filled mine out! It took longer than I thought it would.
  • aFit50
    aFit50 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Been working on my all week, lol ~ first one and pretty psyched about it :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    It took me a really long time to get mine put together too but I'm super excited for the extra motivation!
  • chdspdmom
    chdspdmom Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I filled my one in too, let the games begin :D
  • rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this! Will grab a card today and fill it out!
  • aFit50
    Options
    ok, feeling totally special ed right now because just realized my bingo card is more of a daily TODO list :(

Oh welll ~ bright side ~ it might take all month to get bingo, but I should be lighter and leaner though!
  • SarahAnaruk
    Options
    aFit50 wrote: »
    ok, feeling totally special ed right now because just realized my bingo card is more of a daily TODO list :(

Oh welll ~ bright side ~ it might take all month to get bingo, but I should be lighter and leaner though!

I think anything that gets you moving works!! I personally love to do lists!
  • aFit50
    Options
    You are so right Sarah! progress as long as we;re moving, lol ~ just realized not very good at random, lol
  • chdspdmom
    Options
    Do I shout Bingo!? Lol. I'm so happy this morning, not only did I get to submit a loss (and therefore got a bingo!), I am also really proud that it was a good loss. Worked really hard for it, so pretty proud.

You go girl! 👏👏👏
  • bdbchick
    Options
    I changed one of my squares to be kind to myself lol
  • SarahAnaruk
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »

That is an awesome and often overlooked one!! Great choice!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Bingo! I got one, too! Still hoping for Blackout...

egtqb6igaliz.png

• bdbchick
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Bingo! I got one, too! Still hoping for Blackout...

egtqb6igaliz.png

Great job!!
  • SarahAnaruk
    Options
    @jenilla1 Awesome job!! 🎉💪
  • chdspdmom
    Options
    yippii! Bingo for me too!
  • aFit50
    Options
    bdbchick wrote: »

Great idea .... reviewing mine to do the same, lol
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,690 Member
    Options
    Look at you guys go!! Love seeing all those bingo's! You all are good!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Got one more bingo!