WAIST AWAYS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi gang just checking in happy Tuesday just wanted to give everyone an update tomorrow I have my very first colonoscopy yay today however I have to prep for a colonoscopy so I have to stay home close to the bathroom and that's all I'm going to say about that but the interesting thing is that I'm really thinking that this is a golden opportunity for me to reset my eating patterns since I have to fast today with a liquid diet this will segue very well into a Daniel's Fast if you've never heard of that basically basically it is a meatless diet lots of vegetables lots of fruit no dairy products basically it's a lot of clean eating although you can do it for Spiritual reasons as in the Bible it's also a very healthy way of eating no fads no gimmicks so we shall see how it goes I've done a Daniel's fast before so I'm looking forward to it in other news my laptop completely died on Sunday to the point of where I don't even have an operating system on an anymore but that's okay I was able to buy another one and it should be here by the end of today and I'm so glad because one of my side hustles is tutoring English in essay writing online so I'm back in commission by this evening I apologize for the lack of punctuation but I knew I had a lot to say and this was just too much to type on my phone right now my phone is my only access to the internet and I'm using the voice text feature got to love it I hope everyone is doing well and for those of us in America Happy Thanksgiving two days early LOL
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,120 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    whoops, think I missed the last weighin, it was 214.0, if it can still be inputted?
    Had an audit that day at work and we passed!! so that stress is over for now.
    Came back today from a weekend up the coast, it was a time off.

So glad to see you! I was worried when you missed your weigh-in. Don't worry - I just put it in as the same weight from the week before, so this week you'll show a nice loss and it will count on the team stats. Just do your weigh in Thursday as usual (first thing in the morning before any feasting!!!) and you'll be looking really good. You're down 1.4 from the last weigh-in, so hang on to that or make it even better :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Tdrjustus3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 4
    PW: 290.4
    CW: 288.2
    Please don’t move me to Saturday.

OK! Thanks for letting me know. It's just that you often weigh in on Saturdays, so I thought it would be easier for you. No problem!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ...Day 2 NSV..EXCUSES
    Geez where do I start..... Well I think the#1 excuse for me in Nov. was that my new prosthetic brace didn't fit right or it made my leg and foot ( what's left them) hurt or it made me too tried after wearing it all day. I made 3 trips to the Ortho medical tech and each time they address the issues that I had and yes it did feel better and yes it was going to make me tired because I was working muscles in my upper thigh that hadn't been worked in a lot of years. I complained to the PT therapists and they told me to suck it up and move forward and Yes i gave them a lot of lip service and said all the things and what thy wanted to hear.
    I didn't realize all of this until I had an appt. with my PTSD and Nutrition Counselors last Friday. The light came on.. the realization if I don't do something quickly about this situation I am a dead man. 10 toes up tagged and bagged cause of death...STUPIDITY OF HEALTH, BAD EATING CHOICES, AND A OLDIE BUT A GOODIE BLAMING MY SITUATION STEMMING FROM FROM MY COMBAT INJURIES.
    So the leg is what it is and now it's time to get off the EXCUSES TRAIN and press forward in December. A new battle plan has been laid out for me by the PTSD and Nutrition Counselors. Now I have already put into place and pressing on. Oh and the leg it not hinder me at all.
    G

I was all prepared to share my number one excuse for this month and I was going to say that my excuse has been I just don't feel like it however when I read Greg's post the only thing I thought was I need to shut up my mouth I definitely don't have any excuse whatsoever compared to Greg's sacrifice his service and his struggle hats off to you Greg you have truly inspired me today I'm getting dressed now to go to the gym if there ever was a day I was glad to be a part of this team it's today and this moment
  • jugar
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 once again, you are demonstrating all the reasons you are a motivator for this team. Even when you can't always post as often as we'd like, what you say is inspiring and to the point. We are as glad to have you on this team as you are to be on it, for sure.

My excuse on day 2 of this challenge was exactly "I just don't feel like it" and yes, compared to many stories I have read on the NSV challenge, I should shut my mouth. I should get out there and remember the struggles of people who have been through a lot. Thanks for the inspiration. And good luck with the dreaded colonoscopy! Does not sound like fun. That and a new laptop in the same week - yikes. Double good luck!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Did good yesterday, eating was on point as was exercise.. was able to hold warrior 3 and figure 4 chair pose the whole time... Made it to 12 minutes on the treadmill before my foot starting hurting... I tried the Ball thing, and I couldn't get my heart rate up high enough, but I did my yoga with a aerobic boost, so hopefully that made up for it... So day 3 of the challenge, how is this making my health change... It's not, my resting heart rate isn't going down, nor is my BP.... so I don't know whats going on, or why... Have a drs appt in a couple of weeks, we will try to figure it out then...
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Ok - I need help... I need to trim the fat off my budget and I am switching from cable to live streaming... One problem, I know nothing about different streaming stations...

Please help - If you are a streamer and you are currently using a live streaming station (HULU, Netflix, etc.) which includes primary channels ( 4, 5, 7, 10, etc. ), and if you are willing to share, please let me know what it costs you? How it works? What you think about it? or anything else you want to help me out with???

I know this is not about fitness - but my financial and mental stability impact my health too... Help me out, I would love to hear from my friends that do stream...

Thanks
    Steve
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS
    THE DECEMBER CHAT ROOMS HAVE BEEN OPENED
    LISELYN AND I WILL BE POSTING ALL NEW CHALLENGERS ON THE DECEMBER THREADS
    SO PLEASE CHECK THEM DAILY AS WE GO THROUGH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
    THANKS
    G
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    OKAY HERE YA GO
    OUR 1ST COMMUNITY POST
    NOW COME ON AND GET UP AND GO OVER THERE AND KEEP US ON TOP THE PILE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773721/reinvent-yourself/p1?new=1
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    HEHEHEHE
    WHEN I AM ON A ROLL IT'S LIKE SHADOWX-117
    TAKIN OFF AFTER A BAD GUY THERE IS NO STOPPING HIM

OUR 2ND COMMUNITY POST THIS IS SOME OF MY BETTER WORK DON'T YA KNOW
    SO YEAH YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO HIT THE LINK AND KEEP US THE TOP GUNS THAT WE ARE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773723/challenge-non-scale-victories-nsvs/p1?new=1

COME ON LET'S ROCK IT IN DECEMBER
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving week!! It has been awesome hearing you share your NSVs so far this week! 🦃💃🦃 Awesome job team! 🥁 Drumroll tmo’s question!

Wednesday November 27th Challenge - Day Four Tmo!
    d7yf25rbuz0l.jpeg

Not stress out the day before Thanksgiving and especially overeat...

I will not stress about cooking, family members and count my blessings! It’s been an incredible year team! How I am going to do that tmo: start the day with gratitudes journal/Bible time, enjoy the day and workout Tmo before Thanksgiving.

Come on over! 💃💃💃Please share with your team and also with the entire group at Fat2Fib:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10773424/week-4-group-challenge-non-scale-victories-happy-thanksgiving#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    Wow - lots of visitors on our thread! Must be the end of the month when things get wild and crazy.

I hope you have had a good Tuesday! Go ahead on over to the December thread any time before Sunday and post an introduction. No rush. Keep doing weigh-ins and all here until Sunday when the new month starts.

HEADS UP for Wednesday weigh-ins!
    @fourathomej
    @offitgoes
    @Juliemargaretkim

Hopefully you are not having too crazy a week. Those of us up here in Canada and in other parts of the world are SO relaxed compared with everyone getting ready for American Thanksgiving. Well, except for going to work and stuff like that. Tomorrow's hump day in any case - let's see how everyone is doing, and do what we can to keep sane and healthy.

If you have a minute, give a try to bring in some new folks for next month. Greg has a good point that we are all recruiters, not just him. I decided to try, and --(drumroll)-- my SISTER will be joining us! Watch out! She is a massage therapist and has all kinds of cool knowledge. But she needs to get to work on her F2F journey - so we'll see if it is too crazy to have siblings on the same team. :grimace:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    @jugar I LOVE THAT YOUR SISTER WILL BE JOINING US!!! That's exciting and if she's half as awesome as you, we are in luck.

My day has been so so. I have reached my 8k step goal, but my eating is still a bit sloppy. Not focusing on the nutrition and filling myself with veggies like I should be. I feel it for sure. Our dinner tonight was leftovers as I try to clear out my refrigerator to make way for all the Thanksgiving preparations. Going to log, but I'm sure the calories are up there. So I'm a bit disappointed in myself for that. Not giving up though. Never giving up. After my sweet granddaughter left, we had dinner then went out shopping. Late night with the weirdos! That's us. It's a great time to go out, because it so easy to get around stores. Anyway, just got home a little bit ago and I am spent. So, not much actual exercise today. I may go bounce or stretch or something. Oh and we got a new laptop. Our poor, old Mac mini was constantly rolling that old beachball of doom. Hopefully, I've set up the new laptop correctly. We will see. Tomorrow, I have a lot more things to make, because I made nothing today. So, coleslaw, Pecan Truffles, Pumpkin Pie are all on my To Do list. I know they are not super healthy, but my family loves my cooking and for me Food is Love. I love to show my family how much I love them by cooking for them.

Hope everyone that celebrates it has a great Thanksgiving and a great week to everyone else. Check in and let us know what you are doing that you are proud of and if you haven't been over to the NSV challenge, I strongly suggest you check it out and participate if you like. It's been great. <3 Michele
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    Day 4 - Day Before Thanksgiving

Well today as any Chef worth his salt would do I will prep what I can as to make my day tomorrow less stressed tomorrow... I am will get the bird into the smoker and put a light smoke on it.....I am gong to relax with my wife as she home for a mini break from work .... No family to deal with as the boys are with their Families... will probably remember the years past with mom on Family Thanksgiving Days past as this is the first T/G without her and that will be a challenge all in it's for me.
    So that's nothing huge...nothing stressful.. Just Greg And Marcie doing their thing.

Yesterday I was occupied with getting community posts out... making sure that all of the teams are ready for a very stressful time of year... So yes yesterday suffered where eating and logging and exercise was concerned..... and I suppose with my re-commitment to this team...to this group...to each and everyone of you I will have more days like yesterday... but what the hell you all are worth it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM MY FAMILY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THIS WONDERFUL WORLD
    GREG, MARCIE, DJ AND TC
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I killed it yesterday ! Did my yoga in the morning, came home from work, did 20 minutes on the treadmill, tried a different pair of shoes, and it made a difference.. then I did 8 min Abs and 8 min arms.. Anyone remember those really old workouts.. LOL they are quick and effective, so I figured why not.. The outfits they wear though... wheww.. lol Then the hubby said he was gonna do yoga, so I did a 20 minute gentle practice with him... Eating was on point and no snacks...

Did 20 minutes of yoga this morning, and am ready for this work day to be over so I can have 4 days of no responsibilities... :)

My brother texted everyone last night and cancelled Thanksgiving at his house ( I had already bailed) I feel so bad for him, his GF is the one who made him cancel, I've never met her, so I don't want to judge, but she seems to have commitment issues.. so I feel bad for my brother, he is such a nice guy, but he puts up with stuff he shouldn't.. anyway... so my guilt is gone for bailing and wanting to do my own thing with that...

Tomorrow we will take the doggies to a local park and do a 5 mile walk, it's one we go to often and it's close, we were gonna go find a new one and check it out, but then decided who knows what traffic will be like, better off keeping it close... After that, the hubby will go to his brothers for dessert, and I will be at home chillin on the couch with the pups, probably watching Hallmark movies, since I get judged any other time when I watch them... lol

It's gonna be tough to stay on track with the eating, I'm so much better during the work week.. so I've got to keep my motivation and determination in the fore front this weekend !

Have a great day !
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Weighing in early. On our way to Texas...
    PW 174.2
    CW 173
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope you all have a blessed day!!
  • jugar
    Options
    really inspiring!

'I was slowly dying. Now I'm going to live': This 73-year-old fitness guru has 119,000 Instagram followers
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/73-year-old-fitness-guru-1.5372232
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I'm getting a slow start today, but I'm feeling good about yesterday's "I don't feel like it" curb kicking. I did a good Pilates session AFTER dinner since I hadn't done it during the day, and walked up in the woods. Today is strength and cycling. No matter what. I also am getting the slips out of my diet a bit better - I had a week there where too many little treats happened. Usually involving something made from flour! I try to avoid those, and it feels a lot better when I do.

@Gidgitgoescrazy it sounds like you had a fantastic day too. I can almost feel the relief flowing off of you :smile: And @Connie7355 - have a great trip! You have had a couple of weeks of good solid losses, so you will be fine I'm sure!

@micki48 - you are doing an amazing job. Just remember how big a change this is! It is easy to fall back to less exercise, but you are seriously determined. Once all that fabulous baking is made and scoffed down, you'll be back at it I'm sure!

I'm actually going to be having a Thanksgiving meal in the US tomorrow. For many years, my husband took his mother out every year to a restaurant in Newport, Vermont that puts on a mean Thanksgiving buffet. She moved up to Canada after being widowed (in 2001) and always missed her home country. She never got used to Canadian Thanksgiving being in October, so she and my husband always went out every year. I was always at work! She just passed away in June, and we decided to keep up the tradition anyhow - in her honour, we'll head on down to Newport tomorrow and have a good meal. They apparently have plenty of veggies and a good choice of foods, so I should be able to find things I like. I haven't lived in the US since 1977, but all my family is still there, and it will be fun to celebrate this holiday for the first time in ages.

Have a lovely Wednesday whether or not you're heading in for a feast tomorrow!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Wed
    PW: 176.4
    CW: 175
    Very busy week coming up. Ear surgery for my daughter today. It is a follow up surgery, so hopefully no surprises. Thursday low key Thanksgiving at my house. I will be cooking, just immediate family, about 10 of us. Than watch out this coming week - Big Nativity Festival with hundreds of Nativities which I get to help coordinate. It will be beautiful but it is a lot of work. We actually start setting up this Friday. Happy Turkey day to you all!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of the challenge is N/A! Thanksgiving was in October. :smiley:

BUUUT, my company xmas party is Friday so let's talk about that for a sec.

1) I'm keeping my calories low this week by not eating back much, if any, of my exercise. I'm also trying to shave off a little each day. Just a little.

2) I'm only eating oranges on Friday. They're about 50 calories each, so I'll stuff my pockets with 3 or 4 and use those when I get hungry. I'm setting the dinner up over lunch hour so I will be too busy arranging centerpieces and directing DJs for hunger anyway.

3) Finally, I'm going to dance my actual feet off, which should help offset some of the alcohol calories. The DJ has all the best dance songs on his must-play list, and I typically teach everyone who doesn't know/remember how to line dance. I hear someone else wants to teach the electric slide. And of course, the cha-cha slide. I was a 90's kid after all. Cha cha real smooth y'all. XD
This discussion has been closed.