Positive things in our lives!

Hansep0012 would like to hear some upbeat positive things we have going on in our lives...

Let’s all get to know one another a little better....tell the group something good going on in your life right now!

I will start...I feel better than I have in years mentally and physically...I am no longer using a cane to walk...50 lbs off has made a huge difference in my movement!

Replies

• dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    My positive is I am cooking 1-2 new recipes a week that fit into my daily calories. 3 months ago I was either grabbing fast food or making the same 1 of 4 meals.

• FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Same as debkogirl...I plan my week in advance and am flexible about it but am not grabbing any fast food on my way home because it's easier. I have a plan and even my deviations from the plan are planned. I'm proud of that! Looking forward to experiencing connie's 50 pound mark - what a threshold!
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    After a few months of getting 1-2 hours of exercise a day, I feel like I no longer have a desire to do some of my prior bad habits, ie binge watching shows or YouTube/poor diet choices like highly processed food/alcohol.

Still have some questionable foods in my diet (ie cheese-my fav!, and processed veggie burgers/fake meat), but I’m okay with that right now.

Overall it’s nice to have a new staple to relax - working out :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Good job Tiffany!...it seems like the healthier we are the more we want to stay active and make better food selections!....exercise is a great way to relax!....keep up the good work!
  • conniewilkins56
    Sounds like you are really starting to enjoy life!...keep up the good work!
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    @NovusDies, I never thought of it as a cage of fat. I like that visual. Since this summer I heard another one I think back to often. "I was training to be fat." Meaning to get over 400 pounds I had to actively try to be that big. I dont think that I consciously wanted to be that big, but alot of my food decisions/indulgences left no other possibility of an outcome.
  • katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 873 Member
    Wow, @NovusDies, what a perfect description of how LIFE CHANGING weight loss can be. It’s not just about looking better, or even being healthier. Drastic weight loss affects all aspects of life, and it’s nice to have this group of people who understand!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My previous checklist before deciding to do an out of the house activity:

1) How long will I need to stand?
    2) Will there be a sturdy chair without arms or a bench for me to sit?
    3) Will I need to walk far?
    4) How long will I need to be in the vehicle?
    5) Will I be out of place with my comfortable clothing?
    6) Will the restroom present a challenge?

Standing and walking were often a decision of how much I wanted to do the activity vs the fact I might be in pain for up to 2 days afterwards.

Riding in a car for any length of time made my legs ache.

I was in a cage of fat. Now I am free to just go. It is amazing.

I think we had the same check list! One time while camping I took my own camping chair designed for bigger people to a cook out on another site because I worried I would break the hosts chairs. I got teased a bit by one of the hosts and was so embarrassed.

These days though I go when and where I want without worring about breaking chairs.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    jjlewey wrote: »
    @NovusDies, I never thought of it as a cage of fat. I like that visual. Since this summer I heard another one I think back to often. "I was training to be fat." Meaning to get over 400 pounds I had to actively try to be that big. I dont think that I consciously wanted to be that big, but alot of my food decisions/indulgences left no other possibility of an outcome.

Training to be fat is interesting. I will have to think on that one a bit. It is important that we take full responsibility for our choices so we can identify them as change them as we go.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My previous checklist before deciding to do an out of the house activity:

1) How long will I need to stand?
    2) Will there be a sturdy chair without arms or a bench for me to sit?
    3) Will I need to walk far?
    4) How long will I need to be in the vehicle?
    5) Will I be out of place with my comfortable clothing?
    6) Will the restroom present a challenge?

Standing and walking were often a decision of how much I wanted to do the activity vs the fact I might be in pain for up to 2 days afterwards.

Riding in a car for any length of time made my legs ache.

I was in a cage of fat. Now I am free to just go. It is amazing.

I think we had the same check list! One time while camping I took my own camping chair designed for bigger people to a cook out on another site because I worried I would break the hosts chairs. I got teased a bit by one of the hosts and was so embarrassed.

These days though I go when and where I want without worring about breaking chairs.

I have a couple of bag chairs designed for heavy people. I really had no choice but to buy them. I don't really like owning them still but it would be a waste of money to donate them just to buy others because they still get used pretty regularly.

• FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    All of my physical limitations (can't really walk much/at all) will be here when I'm thinner but I'm looking forward to not having the assumption from people that me being so fat is the problem. I will be taken more seriously with my physical ailments when I'm thinner, that will be a joy.
    I'm being hokey but I am glad for this site. Posting my big 'ol spreadsheet for good or bad is helpful for me, more than just having it on my own laptop. I'm not in a race with any of you so I feel safe posting it. Thanks for that.
  • conniewilkins56
    All of my physical limitations (can't really walk much/at all) will be here when I'm thinner but I'm looking forward to not having the assumption from people that me being so fat is the problem. I will be taken more seriously with my physical ailments when I'm thinner, that will be a joy.
    I'm being hokey but I am glad for this site. Posting my big 'ol spreadsheet for good or bad is helpful for me, more than just having it on my own laptop. I'm not in a race with any of you so I feel safe posting it. Thanks for that.

I think Larger Losers should always be a “ safe place” for us to discuss or post anything we want to talk about...I posted a very sensitive subject I wanted advice on and members were very helpful...afterwards at my request, Novus deleted it for me...I will always remember that...this really is a very nice group of non judgmental people...we are all doing the same things to take control of our lives back!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    Hmm, positive things. I spent 2 hours playing in the snow today with my daughter. After I finished shoveling our driveway / car out from under ~2 feet of snow, I built her a snow mountain to play on and didn't feel tired afterward. Feels so good being able to keep up with her more now.

Good for you!! I'm sure that made her happy as well!! I however am mortified by the thought of going out in the snow. I am forever dreading the annual ski trip we take every year to Wisconsin. LOL
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Our head girl gave a great speech on Saturday. About re-defining success. Deciding what success means to you not to other people. And celebrating success when it happens. So success to me, at this moment in time, is exercising as often as I can, keeping within my calories as often as I can and letting go of the times when I can't. Because that means I can move forward, re-set and carry on.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Positives for 3rd Dec:
    • I put up my Christmas tree and cleaned my living room out with some festive scented disinfectant (Orange & Cranberry Zoflora) the place smells amazing and is very cozy.
    • I received some stuff from Amazon to be able to make my own cleaning stuff and toiletries in a bid to do my bit for the environment.
    • I was nominated to become Chairperson of my Rowing Club - I only joined the club at the beginning of 2018 as a total Novice who was terrified of water, so definitely have come a long way.
    • On the weight loss/fitness side of things I set my December goals.