Introduce yourselves!

Options
2»

Replies

• alu1977
    alu1977 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello Everyone :) I'm Angela, from Belfast. Started my weightloss in November and have dropped about 20lbs so far. Had a few snags along the way but worked myself through them. Looking for a good support network as I continue moving forward to hit my goal. Hope you are all well!!
  • hecks2
    hecks2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm Sam, 31, from Portland. Four weeks ago, I went to my doctor and weighed in at 220, so I decided to make some changes. Since then I've lost 16.5 lbs. My goal is to get down to 180 by Christmas, and ultimately to maintain at somewhere around 160 or 170.
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Dominique :] I am a mother of 2 boys, and live on Mount Desert Island.

I am trying to lose my last 50 lbs :] I have currently lost 257 lbs total since 2008 :]
  • anniebrown1079
    Options
    Hi my name is Annie, I live in the Portland area... I am currently in college continuing my degree by majoring in ultrasound. Through this whole process I have definately packed on a few extra and unfortable pounds... looking to loose them, looking for support and to hopefully make some new friends here in Maine!
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Portland ME - I live near Baxter Boulevard so if there are people nearby who want to walk (any pace) it would be great to meet up with you! I would love to become one of those "runners" (I have heard of them anyway) - anyone game? I'm really starting from scratch.
  • missjennyd
    missjennyd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello All!!! I'm Jennifer a mother of 2 energetic boys! I turn 30 in november and have set out to lose 30lbs before the BIG 3-0! I of course want to lose more than that It's just one of the mini goals along my journey! Soooo excited, like i've never been before so that I can say i used to be fat....not I used to be skinny! soooo excited to reach my goal!!
  • missjennyd
    missjennyd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i didn't mean to reply to your post...tried to introduce myself...new here!
  • kbailey374
    Options
    Hi Jennifer, it all came out ok lol... Congrats on setting your goal! Hope you will make it and then some!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. :) I think that goes without saying for most of the people in here :)
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    HI all! Live in Augusta & glad to find a group of folks just in ME. Looking forward to adding you all as friends and support as we go through this journey together.
  • kbailey374
    Options
    HI all! Live in Augusta & glad to find a group of folks just in ME. Looking forward to adding you all as friends and support as we go through this journey together.
    I'm in Portland but welcome anyway!
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    hey all, my name is elyzabeth, I live with my boyfriend, we have no kids and no pets, trying to make some friends while loosing weight.
  • holliloveseli
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Holli - I'm originally from Maine, born and raised near Waterboro. But I'm currently active duty Navy, stationed in Virginia. I will be getting out this summer and moving HOME (after 9 years of living everywhere else!) so I hope its ok that I'm here. I had a baby last year and still haven't got rid of this baby weight. I need to lose 20lbs just to pass my PT test in 10 weeks. And then another 10 after that to be back to my pre-baby weight; and of course I'd like to lose an extra 10. So, total 40. :) feel free to add me.
  • BlakeKellyD
    BlakeKellyD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm BlakeKelly, I live in Waterboro [but moving far north in a few years, can't wait!]. I've got 2 very handsome boys, a wonderful husband & a little hound dog. I'm a stay at home mom, looking to get healthy again. My dr's aren't concerned about my health, but I am. I was a size 11, 135lbs when I got pregnant with my oldest, & all the 90lbs gained from both pregnancies never went anywhere. Now that I am taking the right vitamin mix for me, & no longer [yes I think this was a culprit] on birth control I've been losing weight! So, here I am to kick the rest to the curb! I am currently 6lbs from my first goal, & I think I'll get there soon. I am more determined now than ever, & am hoping with this app & group I can do that.

So hi all! I look forward to getting to know you. :)
  • ShadowsKeeper
    ShadowsKeeper Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm Jessy, 30 and live in Aroostook. I'm not new to the weight struggle, but something has finally snapped and I'm getting serious. I've found a love of weight training and am becoming more aware of what I eat. Still trying to find a cardio routine I can stick with, though. I've got 29lbs to lose to "ideal" weight, but I've recently switched my focus from getting "skinny" to being strong! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and to the mutual support.
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Amber, I'm 25, and I very recently got married and moved to Newcastle, Maine -- 800 miles away from my hometown in West Virginia!

I started losing weight in college and have basically been slowly, but steadily losing for the past few years. I'm up to almost 70 pounds gone now! I'd like to lose about 20 more, and stay there!

Other than my husband and in-laws, I know exactly zero people here. I'm just looking for a community where I can talk to other people around here who work out, chat about similar interests (art, writing, books, design, anyone?), and basically potentially meet some friends who are actually nearby. Feel free to add me or talk to me or whatever!
  • WickedMotivated
    WickedMotivated Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Holli. 36. Southern Maine. Add me.
  • Indigomami
    Indigomami Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I’m Kathy from Southern Maine. I’d love to have some Maine friends if people are active in this group :) 46 yr old mother of two teens.
  • blakedubay
    blakedubay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Blake! I am 34, & I've been with my amazing husband 15 years. I'm a mom of 2 teen boys & we have 3 dogs.

I just recently joined Planet Fitness, & go 3-5 times a week. I prefer strength training, but have recently started the C25K training. I randomly on a whim wanted to start training for a 5K, & where I've NEVER been a runner, this is huge. Haha! So, here I am!

I own a facebook support group for women on wellness journeys, it's called Rise Together Wellness (feel free to join). I find it's another avenue of motivation for me & I love it! I am a HUGE yoga lover as well, it's been my saving grace.

Feel free to send me a friend request!