December 10 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 220 minutes walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? - yes and first Christmas party done. I even had allowance for a glass of fizz
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Tracking and eating are the most important parts of keeping my weight down. Exercise is a nice bonus. If I don't fit all my meals within my calorie allowance and try to eat back my exercise calories, I always overshoot and eat too much.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Sorry to read your sad news @Dory_42

Yes x 3. For me, all 3 are important. I used to put too much emphasis on exercise but as @craigo3154 always says, you can't out train a bad diet.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    December 10

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Decided to walk today.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

I can do the food and tracking easily but during the winter months, exercise become a challenge. UAC has help me a lot in that area as I do not want to write "No" for exercise.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    12/10 Pass Day #1
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 50 minute outside walk with DH and Annie & 20 indoor warmup exercises and stretches
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,614 Member
    Options
    12/10
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    12/10

Exercise: Yes. Did chest and abs plus hip PT and Stationary Bike, total of 100 minutes
    Calories: Yes. Easily under today by 400. Still saving all my pass days but will probably use one this weekend
    Logged: Yes. Logged everything
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Dec 10:
    Exercise >20 minutes: Yes. 60 minutes elliptical. 50 mins weights.
    Within kcal (<1800): Yes. 1324 kcal
    Track everything: Yes

@RangerRickL love this question :)

For me, out of the 3, exercise is most important. If I don’t exercise, I tend to snowball - eat too much and/or poorly, and then don’t want to log it. It’s been about 3 months for me, and a few days when I didn’t exercise in the morning, I found the accountability of the UAC motivating to do at least the 20 mins and made time at night.
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. 35 minutes on the elliptical.
    Calories:Yes, under
    Tracked:Yes
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Y 11K steps including 47 min on the treadmill at the Y. 3 mi @ 5.5% & 4 mph
    Calories: Y 1146/1800 (+552 exercise)
    Tracked: Y

Decided to tighten up on the calories for the week and try and average 1600/day vs. my normal limit of 1800. Going pretty well thus far as I have totaled around 2000 for Monday & Tuesday. Today I also hopped on the scale and was down 1.6 from 11/30. That makes an even 45 lost since 9/7.

I agree with @RangerRickL about the tracking....too many times ( not tracking) I have thought I was doing well for the day only to remember all the snacks here and there that added up to a bunch of calories. Like many have said it doesn’t take long to out eat your exercise. It is far easier to not eat it in the first place than the time and effort spent trying to burn it off.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Over 20 mins exercise? ✅ walking + Physio
    Under Calorie Gaol? ✅
    Tracked? ✅

Remaining Pass Days? 2️⃣ our of 3️⃣
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Cleaning and organizing for 60 minutes
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes. 30 minutes treadmill, plus running chores and cleaning.
    Within my calorie goal? Definitely, even though Fitbit and MFP are refusing to sync!
    Tracked everything? Yessir.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute walk.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Lower body strength.
  • LissaMore
    LissaMore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dec 10
    Exercised: yes, 60 min Step Class
    Calories: yes, went out for lunch today (unplanned) but searched nutritional info and still made today’s target by skipping snacks and having a lighter supper (850 calorie lunch... yikes)
    Tracked: yes

For me it’s calories 100%. I spent the last 9 months gaining 11 lbs while exercising 5+ hours per week, high impact group fitness classes. Finishing the kids food, snacking and portion sizes are my biggest areas I needed to cut out.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 1 mile run this morning (plus half mile of warm up/cool down).... walking break at work.... evening workout of warmup then run 2 min followed by 1.5 min upper body exercises x3 then 8 minutes lower body floor exercises
    Calories: good
    logged: yes