December 12 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Dec 12:
    Exercise >20 minutes: Yes. 60 minutes elliptical.
    Within kcal (<1800): Yes. 1094 kcal, little low but was in car all day so ate almost all kcal when got home 🤢
    Track everything: Yes

Again, loved yesterday’s question!! After I posted I thought of so many more exercises I really like, and thought, wow, I like way more than I thought I did, haha. Almost all are weight lifting related.

Regarding walking for today’s post, for me, not sure I agree it’s the best. For me anyway, walking is kinda hard to do reliably because of weather and when there isn’t good infrastructure like all cement, or no sidewalks where there’s a lot of traffic.

I DO think getting in more steps/movement is an essential part of weight management, and certainly agree walking can be an important part of that :)
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. 60 minutes on the elliptical.
    Calories:Yes
    Tracked:Yes
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Exercise - walking! However, calories went awry when I ate a smallish but most delicious shortbread cookie. 300 CALORIES! Well, I would have guessed that had I stopped to guess, but nope. Just ate it. It had no nutritional value and afterwards I had the feeling of wanting more, not of true satisfaction. All in all this foolish impulse was not a win.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Yesx3 Exercise included a walk break at work, quick dog walk, and 2 miles ran on treadmill.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes. 30 minutes on the treadmill. Plus shopping (5k steps of it).

Within my calorie goal? Definitely!

Tracked everything? Absolutely!

Walking is 95% of my exercising. My tendons and ligaments are shot, so I can't do a lot of other exercises. I really like being out in nature either walking or light hiking, but I don't get a lot of opportunities.

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 One of my colleagues listen to books on Audible while he walks every morning. He has become an evangelist in sharing with others how much he enjoys the combination of walking on a boring treadmill while focused on listening to a book being read aloud.