Carb addiction - for real?

Options
RalfLott
RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Here's a riveting presentation by Jackie Eberstein, RN, who chronicles her lifelong struggle with carb addiction.

https://youtu.be/8X8boLYmVo8

Replies

• beesmum
    beesmum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't see anything?
  • RalfLott
    Options
    beesmum wrote: »
    Sorry I don't see anything?

Yipes!

It's there again, but maybe not for long.

(If it disappears again, try hitting <quote>, which will show the message in original code in text, and you can then copy the YouTube links.)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    tsazani wrote: »
    Carbs addiction exists. I'm a carb addict.

Welcome to the club!

If it's any consolation, it gets easier. Time, consistency, and determination are your bestest buddies along the way.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    yes, carb addiction is real--it's always been my downfall.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Bupropion XR put my carb addiction into remission. An new medical proverb. "Carb craving is simply a cry for serotonin."

<refresh>
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Bump
  • RalfLott
    Options
    I started getting sexual side effects from Bupropion XR so I stopped it.

Those distracting erections lasting more than 12 hours you hear about on TV?
  • RalfLott
    Options
    <refresh> for new members.
  • EdinTx
    EdinTx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Almost everything I eat is some sort of carb, but it's usually a high fiber carb. I'm on a WFPB diet which is pretty much a vegan diet minus the vegan junk food. I've been able to stabilize my blood sugar levels (usually between 80-120 and between 110-140 1-2 hours after I eat a meal) I've gotten rid of all of my diabetic meds with the exception of metformin, but now I think I don't need that one any more. I'm starting to have my low blood sugar episodes again. Usually after or during a workout, but that didn't use to happen. Yesterday, my reading after the gym was 60.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I watch Dr.Berg And Dr.Jason Fung on YouTube, I want to get rid of sugar and carbs addictions .They talk about cut out sugar and lower carbs to 50 -100 g per day and fasting.Low carbs diet is a good start. My husband has Type 2 Diabetes .After 1 week on low carbs, no sugar, he's no longer crave sugar .Next, I try to get him to eat 7 cups of raw green vegetables per day. Kale is the best.When he gets his own meals he doesn't include vegetables. I'm on Keto diet and I no longer crave sugar or carbs. <3
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Still a thing. (Happy new decade!)