If anyone is interested...

Options
RelCanonical
RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
I took some time and wrote out my binge eating story. I put it in my blog so that people could choose more intentionally to read it, as it might be a little bit triggery. I've been binge-free for about 1 1/2 years, so it is a success story. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RelCanonical/view/my-binge-eating-story-976435

Replies

• amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for writing this. Well done on managing your binging so well, long may it continue.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    I took some time and wrote out my binge eating story. I put it in my blog so that people could choose more intentionally to read it, as it might be a little bit triggery. I've been binge-free for about 1 1/2 years, so it is a success story. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RelCanonical/view/my-binge-eating-story-976435

Thank you for sharing this! Congratulations on coming such a long way, you're an inspiration.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting the link here.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I get a message that the blog is private and that I don’t have permission.
  • oceangirl99
    oceangirl99 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options

I can’t read it as it says it’s private.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for sharing that; it gives me hope for overcoming my own binge eating issues.

I finally got up the courage to see my GP about them (among other things), and she's referred me to an eating disorders clinic. It may have been the description of eating frozen bread from the freezer because it felt almost physically painful to stop eating for long enough to go and buy anything that was actually nice. Goodness knows how long the waiting list is, but even the hope seems to have arrested what was an accelerating spiral...
  • RelCanonical
    Options

I can’t read it as it says it’s private.

Sorry I missed this. Try it now, I had it open to MFP members before but now I have it open to everyone to see if that fixes it.
  • RelCanonical
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Thankyou for sharing that; it gives me hope for overcoming my own binge eating issues.

I finally got up the courage to see my GP about them (among other things), and she's referred me to an eating disorders clinic. It may have been the description of eating frozen bread from the freezer because it felt almost physically painful to stop eating for long enough to go and buy anything that was actually nice. Goodness knows how long the waiting list is, but even the hope seems to have arrested what was an accelerating spiral...

Oddly enough, I was in therapy while binge eating, but my therapist never made a referral. I wonder if he thought it wasn't bad enough based on what I was telling him, 'cause I don't think I ever told him the details. I don't think my GP got it either, I wonder if he thought it was just comfort eating. I kind of had to overcome it myself, albeit with help from the therapist for the underlying anxiety.