Options
Momeri1113
Momeri1113 Posts: 57 Member
Tell us about yourself!

Replies

• Momeri1113
    Options
    Hello! My name is Erica and I’m 26years old. I’m a working mom of a 14 month old and way overweight. I’ve never been this heavy in my life. I’ve done low carb before, but de&nitely not the right way. That was about 13 years ago and now I’m looking to do it the right way.

Even if I don’t do true keto for the rest of my life, I want to make a life long change and change my relatonship with food. I want to teach my son how to properly fuel his body and make sure he has the start that I never had. I was raised to eat cheap and fast and unhealthy foods. The rest of my family had great metabolisms, I never did. Even when I was an active child in ballet and on sports teams, I was heavy. I don’t want that for my son, so Monday is the day where I change for good and the start of the rest of my life.

Current and highest weight: 268.8lbs

Lowest weight: 180.6lbs on 10/20/15

First goal weight: 200lbs by 2021

Second goal weight: 160lbs

Ultimate goal weight: 140lbs

Let’s do this!
  • Julie42301
    Julie42301 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Julie Wheatley. I am 65 years old and still struggling with weight since about age 35.
    I am 5’3 and weigh 246#. The most I have weighed is 250#.
    My goal weight is 150#
    I want to lose weight, first of all, to feel better. I am so tired and hurt from back and knees constantly.
    My knees are bone on bone but I am not able to get away to have surgery at this time.
    I do not want to be Pre-Diabetic anymore.
    I want get off of my 3 B/P meds.
    I want to lessen my chances of recurrent breast cancer.
    I want to be able to go walking again without pain and shortness of breath.
    I am looking forward to following this group.
  • angelajmrn
    angelajmrn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Angela. I am 49 years old, 5'3 and 260. This is my highest weight ever. My ultimate goal weight is 180. I was working out daily for 2 years with a trainer and loved the way I felt. I could not get below 240#. Last March I fell and broke my ankle and it all went down hill from there. I tried keto several years ago and it was okay. I struggle the most with the high fat. I am an ER Nurse and my job is very stressful. Eating at the same time or even finding time to eat is sometimes a struggle.
    Looking forward to starting anew on the 6th.
    Making my grocery list now :)
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

My name is Rebekah and I am 29 years old. 3 years ago I lost a considerable amount of weight. I held it off for a little over a year and then it started coming back. I'm determined to get the regain gone and maybe a few more. I am also trying for a baby this year and need to make sure my body is as health as possible to support a healthy pregnancy

Highest weight: 398 1/1/17
    Lowest weight: 235 10/20/18
    Current starting weight: 305 1/1/20
    First goal weight 229
  • Stuppicat
    Stuppicat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! My DH and I just started Keto on January 7th. I have finally had it with my weight. It's taken me awhile but I'm mentally ready. I am 5'7" and am at my heaviest at 183.2. It's hard to believe even as I write this. It's pretty easy so far but I really don't expect to see a weightloss this 1st week. I still feel puffy. I know only my 3rd day but eating less that 2000 calories in the last 2 days with 16/8 fasting I would expect to feel a little depuffed. How are you all feeling?
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    Stuppicat wrote: »
    Hi! My DH and I just started Keto on January 7th. I have finally had it with my weight. It's taken me awhile but I'm mentally ready. I am 5'7" and am at my heaviest at 183.2. It's hard to believe even as I write this. It's pretty easy so far but I really don't expect to see a weightloss this 1st week. I still feel puffy. I know only my 3rd day but eating less that 2000 calories in the last 2 days with 16/8 fasting I would expect to feel a little depuffed. How are you all feeling?

I've lost 12 pounds since January 1st and 9 since starting keto. I think I started a little too strict since I wasn't feeling very well yesterday morning, but today I feel great! I do still feel a bit bloated but I think that's just from me being so heavy and having everything kind of droop down now that it's burning off, if that makes sense. I need to start some calisthenics to tone up.
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    Day 7 and still losing weight off keto, but slower. I know it's been like 2 days. I still eat what some would say is low to moderate carbs. Yesterday I finished at 87 carbs and a little over 1600 calories for the day.

How have you guys been doing?
  • terri746
    terri746 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello hello! My name is Terri, I'm 40 y/Old located in London, UK and I have a good 20KG to lose this year. I've half-heartedly tried keto before and seen results so come back to it this year. So far in 2020 I've lost extra weight gained around the holidays but haven't been so strict, except trying to consume <20g carbs per day. This week is all about balancing back the protein as I am consistently dramatically under consuming according to my own macros, which cannot be good!

Also always open to new keto friends, so do feel free to friend request if you would like to!

Happy Monday :smiley::star:
  • aprilluzdevera
    aprilluzdevera Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is April, 31 y/o. I am at my heaviest right now. Being 5’2” and Asian, I am already obese. I am diagnosed with PCOS hence I struggle with weight loss significantly. I started keto on January 6. I’ve been in ketosis 2x but fell off of it, too. My weekends are packed with activities where I meet people over lunch or coffee that’s why I have a hard time keeping up with the diet. 😅 I only lost 10lbs since I started keto. Idk if this is also water weight but I was surprised my weight did not go down at all last week. I also do 16/8 IF along with the diet. Will try to do 24hr IF this month and be more diligent in sticking to this diet.

HW: 236 lbs 01/06/2020
    LW: 120 lbs 15 years ago 😅
    CW: 226 lbs 02/06/2020
  • soofast7602
    soofast7602 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just started keto today officially. I’ve been low carb/gluten free for four weeks now and decided to take the plunge into keto. I’ve done intermittent fasting before(2017-2018) and it helped me lose 30 pounds which gave me the energy to workout and love it. But then I got pregnant with my last child and gained a ton back (I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been) I had GD with her and controlled it with diet and exercise but once I had her I went a little crazy eating what I couldn’t while I was pregnant. So it’s been a year since I had her and I’m finally trying to take my health more seriously and lose what I gained back plus some.

I’ve been doing a lot of research on keto on r/keto. I recommend you guys joining there’s a lot of info on there. I like doing research before starting something.

I’m 31, a mom of three girls, I homeschool and I live in Idaho.

HW 220 beginning of 2020
    CW 206 this morning
    GW 130 hopefully by the end of the year or next summer 🤞🏼