Living the Lifestyle - Friday, 01/03/2019

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,193 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday-@Jimb376mfp Jim
Tuesday- imastar2 (Derrick)
Wednesday- GavinFlynn1 (Gavin)

Thursday- Al_Howard (Al)
Friday-misterhub (Greg)

Topic of the Day: Food Choices

During 2020, do you plan to make changes to the types of food you include in your diet (e.g., more veggies, more meat, less meat, less bread and pasta, etc...); or, are you planning to continue with your current food choices?

Note: Apologies for the tardiness of the post. I could not log into the site earlier.

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,911 Member
    Options
    Not changing the FOOD. Might exercise a bit more, and cut down on the beer.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Need to change the quantity of food. Less sweets would be better, too. But I will never cut them out completely.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,848 Member
    Options
    more lean protien, less carbs, more exercise
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    Less meat protein, less carbs, better balanced plate, exercise more.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,531 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning to explore this. I am revisiting anti-inflammation eating and the benefits of a more plant based diet.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Continue to fine tune diet to heart healthy using American Heart Association guidelines: saturated fat < 10 %, increase fiber. I made the better choice most of the time in 2019. I gained 10 lbs in the last six months, almost all of it fat, including increased visceral fat. Strength training this year will decrease fat weight and increase lean (muscle) weight.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I should add that I do a DEXA whole body scan (BodySpec.com) which measures not only weight but the fat and lean tissue contributions to total weight.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I plan to increase fresh fruits and vegetables, while decreasing red meat and carbs.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    1) Less bread and pasta
    2) Pay more attention to portion control (start weighing and measuring again <sigh>)
    3) Incorporate more vegetables into things
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,075 Member
    Options
    Waves @ Cindy . I need fewer sweets and carb stuff.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,193 Member
    Options
    Hello, Cindy!