Weight loss stalled - help!

Options
netshock122
netshock122 Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
Hey guys,

A quick one - I lost a couple KG in the first week, now nothing for a few days.

I'm sticking to 1600 calories per day which has averaged:
- 4% carbs
- 68% fat
- 28% protein

I've read online that around 25% should be protein and under 15% should be carbs, so I thought I was doing it correctly.

Is it normal to stall out so early on?

Thanks for all the help

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Yes. It’s normal. The first week you lose a lot of water. Now you’re losing fat. It will never be as fast as the first week again and that’s ok. Losing too fast isn’t healthy.
    I would focus on more protein and a little less fat.
  • netshock122
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I really appreciate it
  • luvfit3
    luvfit3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This was very helpful. I am still in the first week and I am losing nicely (water weight) I suppose. However, it was good to learn that it may start to slow down, but just stick with my meal plans.
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I find when I stall out I up my water intake, and I am also a fan of 16:8 TRE protocol. Works for me!
  • NCSophie
    NCSophie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about "...nothing for a few days", weight loss doesn't always reflect on a daily basis.

Where did you get your 1600 cal/day goal from?
  • nwatermelonsugar
    nwatermelonsugar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found that if I don't see progress on the scale, I see it in inches. I highly recommend measuring once a week or every other. It's exciting when you see 2 inches gone on your waist or hips! Almost better than pounds!
  • netshock122
    Options
    Thanks all. My goal of 1600 was set by nyfitnesspal when I said 2lbs per week weight loss - nothing more scientific I am afraid :(

I will go out and buy a tape measure and see how I measure up!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    It's really only considered a stall if it's been like a month with no progress.
    You aren't going to lose weight every day. Sometimes you'll hold onto water from week to week, masking fat loss.
    Like @nwatermelonsugar said, when we are on-plan, hitting the calorie deficit consistently over time, if the scale is giving you nothing, check your measurements for validation. Your body is busy doing something, just not necessarily something that will show on the scale. So keep measurements and check those every 2 weeks or just whenever your scale is being a punk.