Like Minded Lushes - Winter 2019

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
edited December 2019 in Social Groups
Happy Winter Solstice lushes! Here's to longer days and a fabulous 2020 for us all!

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    edited December 2019
    Options
    All house selling/buying is on hold. I've got my (23rd annual and last in this house) Xmas Eve meal planning in full swing. Tamales (in honor of my Mexican mom), Prime Rib, Ham, 2 kinds of potatoes, Xmas Green beans, meatballs, shrimp and many, many apps. I don't bake so desserts are being taken care of by my family.

I'm ready!! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    We celebrated our family Christmas over the weekend. There will be one more at my brother's house on the 26th.

Syd, your menu looks yummy!

To everyone, enjoy your families! Eat, drink, and be merry!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Darla had sinus surgery today. I know, Christmas Eve and all. Unfortunately we couldn't pick the date for this. She is in for a miserable few days, followed by a week of soreness. :(
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas lushes! <3
    Syd- your menu sounds scrumptious, give me directions I'll be right over ;)
    Gary- hope Darla heals quickly!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh no, Gary! My brother had that and was pretty miserable. Hope she heals quickly.

Hi Ann! The Christmas Eve meal went well and as usual I ate hardly any of it after being around and cooking it all day. But I will enjoy leftovers and probably not get out of my pjs today. :) Our son spent the night...we'll do our quiet celebration together whenever he gets his butt out of bed (probably around noon...haha)

Merry Christmas!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    3oszlqc4piz8.jpg
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Yup, Syds meme sums it up! Have a wonderful New Year everyone!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Happy NEw Year, Lushes!
    Had a lushy Christmas, didn't log anything. Got a couple more days of rest with the Leigh Peele plan and start week 5 on Sunday.
    Hoping to drop a couple of pounds in the next few months. Not looking forward to the gym in January!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi guys! Our house sold today (over asking) Didn't even make it to the MLS.

I'm drinking because well, I'm homeless :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Congratulations Syd! Wonderful news. Now on to the next, best chapter of your lives! :heart:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    WooHoo Syd! Over asking and didn't have to do a bunch of showings?!! That is a win for sure! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yes, we've been very lucky so far! They even agreed to rent back to us until the end of February so we have a little breathing room to find a new place. Headed back to look again at places this week.

The weight I put on over the holidays is coming off. Stress and busyness will do it. Nightly red wine and melatonin to help with sleep. Meditation and yoga too.

Hope everyone is starting 2020 happy and healthy! :)
  • amysj303
    Options
    Congrats, Syd, that's wonderful! I hope your new home comes through quickly!
    I have had a pretty good week-lots of 0s! even a 0 on a Friday, 1 on Saturday and 0 Sunday through Wed. The scale hasn't budged which is a little discouraging, I thought I might get a little encouragement with that but that's ok...
    The gym wasn't too crazy with NY resolutionists yet.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Wow, Amy! You're killing it!! I keep seeing losses from Ann too. You guys hold down the fort while I continue to tread water :D

I'll spare you all the details but our buyer backed out last minute, we went back on the market Friday and accepted another full ask offer today and made an offer in Palm Desert today as well. I'll believe it when it happens but I wouldn't be shocked at all if something triggers a change in the current trajectory. :| In the meantime I'm having red wine every night, meditating and I've lost the 4 lbs I put on over the holidays (stress weight loss...I'll take it but it isn't exactly the healthiest way to drop)

How's your dad, Gary? hope you're doing well.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks, Syd, it sounds like a crazy market there and hopefully it works out, sounds promising on the buying and selling! good luck!
    I had half-bottle of red Friday and Saturday I had a margarita at Taco BEll in PAcifica, it's a "cantina" so they serve alcohol. It was good but it didn't taste very strong. Then I had three more beers after I left Taco BEll.
    I went to the gym Friday and it was crazy packed, SAturday I worked out at home and walked in PAcifica, back to the gym today and it wasn't too bad, maybe everyone was watching football.
    I wasn't really rooting for any of the teams, who does anyone want to see in the Super Bowl?
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Nice job on the zeros Amy!

My dad is doing as expected for a 90 year old. The plan is to keep him comfortable. So far so good.

Darla's dad has Parkinson and it is progressing to where he has hallucinations. When he comes out of it he remembers and realizes what is happening. It has to be frightening to know your brain is failing and is giving you these "waking nightmares". He called Darla the other day worried because he thought he had taken a car and drove it around. He was worried he may have hurt someone. Then there were the kittens that were all over his room. Etc.

Life sure can be interesting.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hang in there, Gary. It can be heartbreaking and exhausting to care for elderly parents. And we usually put our own needs/health last.

Waiting on results of the buyer's inspection on our house. Hopefully they won't have a laundry list of things to do. We're tenting the house for termites next Friday so that'll be interesting. Taking the cat to our son's place. Moving is fun! :|

Red wine continues. So busy the pounds are slipping off, which is nice
  • amysj303
    Options
    Had a good time at Disney! I got a couple of drinks at the new Star Wars Oga's cantina, it was pretty cool and the drinks were good. It's pretty well booked but our friends live near there and gave us their reservation cuz they can go back and have annual passes and all. Also, there's beer at a lot of the concessions in California Adventure park. I had a beer here and there.
    My sister bailed on our March Spring Break plans but my friend wanted to get away and my husband is swamped at work in February so the friend and I are going to Kauai for a few days. I have not been to that island. Has anyone any suggestions for things to do?
    The waking nightmares sound really awful, how scary for your father-in-law.
    And good luck with all the house stuff! I wish the pounds were melting off me but I am not busy or stressed and the Netflix and popcorn doesn't have the same effect!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hey Amy! I went to Kauai years ago. Such a beautiful place. I had a wonderful kayak experience there down a river in a very jungle like setting. Couldn't tell you where it was but I'm betting excursions like that are fairly easy to find. I also took an amazing helicopter ride which came up right next to beautiful (otherwise unreachable) waterfalls. I must say I would never take a helicopter ride again (RIP Kobe Bryant and to all lives lost. We're huge Lakers fans here and are still in shock)

Back in our house after termite tenting. Gas not on yet so no heat or hot water. I don't have a lot of faith in SDG&E. They tore apart our meter when they came to turn off the gas and said they're waiting for a part :/

I got into the Vodka to go with my usual red wine. The stress is real. But Kobe's death is a reminder to appreciate it all. Tomorrow isn't promised.

Hope you're all happy and healthy!! :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Amy your vacation plans sound wonderful!
    Syd, yes hearing about Kobe's death was shocking. Like you said, appreciate life. The power company sounds like customer service is not something they care about. I guess when you are a monopoly you can get away with that. Being without heat or water is unacceptable.

Darla is at the nursing home meeting with hospice. Her dad will be receiving hospice care now, so they can give him better medications to combat the hallucinations and anxieties he is having. Hospice, I am so glad they are available!

Have a great week!