Week 1

Options
Momeri1113
Momeri1113 Posts: 57 Member
I know we only have 8 members so far, and it's still Sunday evening where I'm from, but who all is ready for week one?! I'm so excited! I've done my meal prep already - pretty basic for the first week, just hardboiled some eggs, steamed some veggies, weighed and chopped cheese and such. I also just got done calculating my macros based on my weigh in for this morning! I was 3.4 pounds less than I was on the first although I feel like I've been binge eating non-stop trying not to be a food waster that last few days - I think my weight was just up on the first due to being bloated from TOM and such.

My macros for this week are:
122g Protein
152g Fat
24g Carbs (but I'll be trying to keep it under 20 unless I'm really desperate.

I'm only try one new recipe this week - I'll be having a smoothie made with 1 cup Almond Cashew Milk, 2 scoops of my favorite vegan protein powder (though I'm obviously not vegan anymore) and 1/2 and avocado for dessert a few nights this week according to the meal plan I typed up. If I don't like it, I'll be going for the old tried and true sugar free jello with a tiny bit of cool whip and using the avocado elsewhere throughout the week. My biggest challenge this week will be adding more healthy fats in my diet. I don't try to actively eat low fat - it just kind of happened naturally so that will be fun the try to change.

What are you guys most looking forward to trying? What do you hope to achieve?
What do you think will be your biggest challenge for the week?

We can do this! Good Luck! :smiley:

Replies

• laketrash50
    laketrash50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started my Keto on the 2and but today is official! Ready ready ready!
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 1 and am down 9 lbs today. I know every week wont be this big of a loss but happy I am still sticking to my diet and excited to see the loss.

Good luck everyone. Let's make this a good year!
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    I've had to prelog the rest of my day due to the whole Stevia Sweet additions snaffu and I'm also logging my carbs by hand since mfp doesn't have a net carb feature yet. What do you guys find is the most effective way to log net carbs? I hate that I had everything planned to a t and now I'm having to adjust :(
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    Day Two!!!!

I woke up this morning with a headache and feeling achey all over - not sure if it's the keto or from bad sleep. I had a LOT of really strange dreams last night.

How do you guys feel today?
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    Day three!

Just woke up and so far I feel pretty good, just tired. I weighed in at 260.4 today so that means I've lost 5 pounds since starting and 8.4 since the new year. Hopefully I can keep this momentum going for a while, especially once I start burning fat. Let's so this!
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    Day four started off to a rocky start but now I'm feeling pretty great. I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling good. I wish we had more of a community feel here in this group :/
  • nwatermelonsugar
    nwatermelonsugar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I began keto on the 6th. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 (11, 7, 5). My husband has been very successful with the Keto diet this past year. A diagnosis of Non alcoholic fatty liver finally convinced me to try!
    I'm 5'3" and 26 4 lbs with my highest weight being 296.8. I started the year of at 268.8.
    I'm hopeful that this will finally help me find the energy for all of the things I want to do and regain some confidence!
  • nwatermelonsugar
    Options
    Momeri1113 wrote: »
    Day Two!!!!

I woke up this morning with a headache and feeling achey all over - not sure if it's the keto or from bad sleep. I had a LOT of really strange dreams last night.

How do you guys feel today?

I've heard salt can really help decrease keto flu symptoms. Try a sugar free electrolyte drink or just a piece of pink Himalayan salt under your tongue. Hope you are feeling better!
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    Day Five!

I've increased my macros a bit so I'll still be following keto, but more like 30 to 35 carbs per day. I just scientifically can't bring myself to drink salt water as some others have suggested in other threads, but I like the electrolyte drinks. My Atkins shake I drink in the morning does have some, and I've been eating avocado nearly every day though I don't know how long I will keep that up. Today I'm feeling much more normal though. Just hungrier than I have the last few days. I feel awful cause I might be that person who started this keto inspired group and might be the first to "quit", but I don't consider it quitting if I'm still on the healthy eating band wagon.

I weighed in this morning at 256.8, so I've lost 9 pounds since starting keto and 12 since the first of the year!

Thanks for the support and I look forward to supporting all of you as well.
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    Hello! I began keto on the 6th. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 (11, 7, 5). My husband has been very successful with the Keto diet this past year. A diagnosis of Non alcoholic fatty liver finally convinced me to try!
    I'm 5'3" and 26 4 lbs with my highest weight being 296.8. I started the year of at 268.8.
    I'm hopeful that this will finally help me find the energy for all of the things I want to do and regain some confidence!

Welcome to the group!
  • nwatermelonsugar
    Options
    @Momeri1113 I've been listening to the 2 Keto Dudes podcast and I also read/listened to the book "Anyway You Can" for guidelines and info. Is there somewhere reliable that you are getting your information? Both of these resources are very encouraging for me to. You just seemed like you felt a little lost and discouraged and wanted to share where I get my inspiration. Sending hugs!
  • Momeri1113
    Options
    @Momeri1113 I've been listening to the 2 Keto Dudes podcast and I also read/listened to the book "Anyway You Can" for guidelines and info. Is there somewhere reliable that you are getting your information? Both of these resources are very encouraging for me to. You just seemed like you felt a little lost and discouraged and wanted to share where I get my inspiration. Sending hugs!

I studied 2 books but one was really just recipes. This is the main one I used gkwltd5efrjw.jpg

As of yesterday, I've decided true keto wasn't for me but I'd still like to make more keto meals as a means to help me keep a moderate carb diet.