Accountability partner

Options
Cocoabean01
Cocoabean01 Posts: 7 Member
edited December 2019 in Social Groups
Hello,

I've been in search of a forum where people are interested in being paired with another person with similar goals.
I have found some groups but there are just way too many people in the discussion and not enough one-on-one support. I am interested in starting a group with no more than 2-6 people where we can keep tabs on each other.

I am a 30 yo, with 10 lbs to loose. My biggest challenge is staying motivated and tackling my emotional eating behaviour.
Message if you're interested :)

Thanks,
Priya

Replies

• Lisamjgriffin99
    Lisamjgriffin99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Did you start a group yet, I'd be interested.
  • Cocoabean01
    Cocoabean01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i haven't started anything yet since you are the only person that commented :)
    If you want, we can pair here and start a group. What are your goals and what are you hoping to get through the group?
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi @Cocoabean01 !
    I'm bit older but here for the group~
    47, mom to 11 & 13 yo, work FT. From CLE. Looking to lose 5 or so lbs and bring down BF%.
    My motivation is to keep fit, feel & look good.
    I like to cook and eat. We have a very social life with LOTS of friends and gatherings. So that's where the "over indulgent" happens... :#
  • Msfreemann
    Msfreemann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    I'd be interested in joining your group. 50 year old Mom to 3. Currently 128 - I REALLY need to get rid of about 20. New Year - new goals.
  • Justine19631
    Justine19631 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m in!! CW is 127; looking to lose BF% and tone up. Stats: 5’4”, 57 yo (as of today🎂), HW 153 (06-2016), LW 120 (09-2018).
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Y'all should jump on the Jan accountability thread - there's usually not that many of us that post regularly and it does really help me to stay on track.
  • janeml
    janeml Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm in! looking to drop 10-15 pounds-- i love to cook, but also eat out and explore different restaurants. for the most part, i don't really eat bad... I just love my carbs! :( Would love to join!
  • Justine19631
    Options
    Well, Accountability Buddies (AB), with the holiday’s officially behind us, I’ve calendared my workouts, starting tomorrow with barre; alternating days with barre and rebounding or treadmill for cardio is my plan🤞🏼 I can usually stick to a routine for a month, but it’s ‘beyond a month’ where I start to waver 😔 Here’s to 2020 and beyond a month!!
  • pascalie26
    pascalie26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Pascale , I am 33 with 18lb to loose. I am 5’3 and weight 145. I am very interested . How do you plan to keep contact ? What means will be used for communication. ? Can we send each other pics of our meals and workout for motivation ?
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    pascalie26 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Pascale , I am 33 with 18lb to loose. I am 5’3 and weight 145. I am very interested . How do you plan to keep contact ? What means will be used for communication. ? Can we send each other pics of our meals and workout for motivation ?

just like @cayenne_007 suggested, join the Jan accountability thread. we can keep updating there :)
  • goodnessads
    goodnessads Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Goodness, I am a mom with 20 pounds to lose. I am interested
  • Justine19631
    Options
    Here’s my 1st accountability post...
    Off to a good start this week...even though it’s only Thurs and I started my exercise routine on Mon. But hey, we have to start somewhere, right! It was Barre on Mon & Wed, and rebounding on Tues and today (as soon as I get home from work). Looking forward to it!!
  • Zircher
    Zircher Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im looking for some accountability, somewhere where i have to report back weekly on my progress to my goals... ive set up a new group '30 day habit & weekly weigh ins for accountability group' where im going to record my monthly goals and progress towards them.
    If this is relevant to any of you please feel free to join to keep eachother accountable..

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10779587/30-day-habit-inspiration-motivation/p1?new=1