JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    JillyBT
    Daily check in
    Monday 1/13
    Tracked food and under
    Water 60oz... so close
    Exercise: HIIT class at the gym

First day in A long time I had energy. I started a new night routine this month to try and help me sleep and it is starting to work. For the last year between my parents crazy health situation, my son off at college and menopause I have really struggled to get sleep and the doctors all say that sleep is essential in weight loss. So feeling really good about taking control of my health.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I love a full English. It is one of our finest national dishes all with Sunday dinner imho.

It probably won't shock any one though that my corck pot experiment was not a resounding sucess. The bacon went like jerk and the eggs were like a rubbery puck. That said the beans, mushrooms and tomatos were lovely. I think the key is water content. I have found some interesting recipes on line for quinoa and oat porridge and french toast.

As gross as breakfast was I really appreciated having it ready for me when I got back from the gym. So I want to figure out some breakfast options for my crock pot. I really think it could be a game changer.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    01/13 steps 14,834
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

Food - Logged and on track
    Water - 2l
    Exercise- 11,199 steps including walking & yoga

Good day yesterday and I finally seem to be getting into my routine after the holidays.

@sleepmom’s post on not quitting is so timely!! There is research out there that says that most people give up on their new year’s resolutions by January 19th! Now is the time to keep going and stay focused on our habits and goals!

@mrsbell8well - You are so right that preparation is key, especially with such a busy life!

@amsandos - I am not a crock pot expert and am just starting to branch out with my Instant Pot and air fryer. So I can’t give you much advice on that. I think that practice is key, so just keep at is, and maybe research a few different sites for recipes that work. I agree with you thought that a good breakfast is essential with all of your training.

@tryingagain5 - Good to stay busy while you are waiting for these tests. The workshop that you are taking sounds amazing! Those mason jar salads are great to take to work btw. And overnight oats were a real game changer for me, so I hope you like them. I am going to try a peanut butter one this weekend, maybe with PB2.

@sleepymom5 - Great day! Taking down the Christmas tree is such a chore, particularly in contrast to the fun of putting up the tree. My husband surprised me this year by taking down the Christmas tree for me! We have been together for 20 years and he has never, ever done that! I nearly fainted with surprise!

@JillyBT - Great day yesterday! Focusing on your sleep is great idea as good sleep really does help with everything else. I had a hard time sleeping through December because of everything going on around my FIL passing & tring to get through the holidays. I just started doing better with sleep these past few days by getting to bed earlier, and avoiding any night time eating.

@brown6267 - Fantastic step count!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Made it through day 1. Definitely plenty of food to eat. I had a "breakfast salad" this morning. 1/2 avocado, lettuce, mint, "green hash", broccoli slaw and red wine balsamic dressing. It was pretty good. Sipping peppermint to help soothe tummy. I lost 1.2 pounds in one day. Molly commented this morning on how flat my belly looked. So maybe there is something to this??? Even though I am eating tons of greens and high fiber veg my stomach and digestion does seem to be calming down. This first week is supposed to kick out the bad bugs from my gut then next week the healing is supposed to begin with less restrictive food items. I love exploring new diet options for health. I packed a "nutty salad" for lunch. So very easy to assemble grab and go with everything so prepped. It makes me feel so loved.
    Yesterday Food, exercise, water and sleep all on track!
    @Cafelelia and @sleepymom5 I liked your Christmas tree posts. Molly did our tree shortly after Christmas while I worked on my planner. So nice to have someone else doing it.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    aejccxwfbh0y.jpeg
    Breakfast salad
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    @JillyBT Yes, sleep is so important. What are you doing differently as far as a routine? You really have been doing awesome with your health. 2020 is going to be your year!
    @amsandos I wasn't sure how that was all going to go, maybe you need to have an order to put it in? Like maybe the eggs towards the bottom and the bacon on top? Even though this wasn't a success, you will love the crockpot.
    @brown6267 Nice stepping!
    @Cafelelia Looks like you had a great start to the week! I still need to hit my stride but getting better
    @Mrsbell8well Those salads sound yummy! It is nice to have everything prepped so your week is easier. The tree is a pain to take down Lol! And we put 2 up! Guess it is time to hit the rest of the decorations. I just love how pretty everything looks but it is time...
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Phoebe112476
    Week 2
    PW: 154.6
    CW: 153.4
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Monday
    Food: Logged, over
    Water: lost track but good
    Exercise & Steps: shoveled snow, 2 short walks; 10,158 steps

Yesterday I saw a number on the scale I haven't seen in 6 months. Should have been the kick in the butt I needed but its so easy to be our own worst enemy. I didn't begin the year gung-ho with motivation. So much of this journey is mental. I ended the day better than I began it. Still snowing but I'm venturing out to the grocery store as I have my meals planned for the next couple of days. After today's snow we should have a string of dry days.

@cafelelia & @sleepymom5 Taking down the decorations is not nearly as fun as putting them up. And my husband doesn't help except for putting the lights on the tree and I have to nag him to do that. This year I did it in stages. I took the tree down first and most of the really Christmasy decorations. Some time later I put the rest away. All that remains is the lighted garland over the mantel and the lights outside. Winters are so dreary I really enjoy the extra lights and its not like my neighbors can see them.

@mrsbell8well I look forward to riding along with you on your latest learning experience.
  • amsandos
    Options
    @Cafelelia oo I really fancy an air frier. What is the best thing you have done in it?

Daily check in
    Food on target despite some ine throwing out my lunch
    Water really busy day got a bit headachey had to catch up
    Exercise strength session and 45 mins turbo trainer.
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Regarding my new sleep routine...
    I have to start to work on a 7 hour window
    Try to go to bed at the same time (10pm)
    Try to wake up at the same time (I wake up multiply times a night) - 5am
    No caffeine after 3pm
    No TV or cell phone reading in bed
    started listening to meditation app before bed for at least 10 minutes
    And remind myself I can't control everything and I just need to let go
    Easier said than done.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well I’m only 5 feet tall! Sorry I haven’t kept up on the postings here. For some reason I’m already totally into the swing of tax season. It’s like Christmas, New Years, Taxes- boom boom boom!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Well, I had my 4th session with my new Counselor today and let me tell you, she is amazing! She has figured out a lot more about me than my counselor of FOUR YEARS EVER DID! She is super kind, sweet, caring and really smart! I am VERY glad I found her and that things are working out so well with her! 🥰

I have Hypertension stage 2 and I'm currently not on ANY meds for it. So lately it has been really bad and spiking...My Grandma is worried because I am having really bad physical problems with it when it spikes and she is worried that I might pass out or have a stroke...I also have Tachycardia and my HR has been crazy too. A few days ago at my Psychiatrist appointment, my BP was 156/106. Today, it was 159/109. My Clinician called my Dr. And I can't get in to see her til Feb. 3rd, but I'm gonna call back tomorrow and see if I can get on the cancellation list.

My eyes have been in a lot of pain again lately, so they've hurt a lot, off and on for the past two months. I want to talk to my Dr. About it cause who knows, it could be related to my high BP, but I DO have an eye appointment at the end of this month as well!

Hope everyone is doing well and I love all of you! 🖤💜

Cassie
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 1/14 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute session with my trainer

I stayed late at work this morning so got to bed late. Went to the gym for a session with my trainer. He has things planned out for his clients before they get there. Since I'm working with him 3 times a week, he has all 3 planned out. It's nice he does it like that so he doesn't have to figure it out as we go. Then if he has to modify something because the machine we need is being used, or I'm having trouble with a particular exercise or my body is sore, etc he does so. He's pretty good at modifying exercises for his clients.

After the gym I went home and had one of my mason jar salads that I made last night night. I had the apple/blackberry. It also had feta cheese and walnuts in it with spinach and a vinaigrette type dressing. I really liked it. Then I took a nap and just like that it's time for work.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    It's cold here - 38C is about - 36F
    6ygenez03bbi.jpg

• amsandos
    Options
    amsandos
    Week 2
    PW: 160
    CW: 158
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    01/14 steps 17186
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @freeglerock - I am so sorry about your brother. My sincere condolences to you and your family. I know it is such a difficult time, but try to take care of yourself as much as possible. Sending you a huge hug.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Freeglerock
    So sorry about your brother. Sending hugs.
This discussion has been closed.