2020 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Anyone know a Brooke Brinn? She has asked to join my team...
    I don’t
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins - try searching for these team names:
    MFP Team E
    2020 R.I.O.T. (Running Is Our Therapy)
    2020 Easier Said than RUN!
    2020 Not Fast, Just Furious
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    s3lxnfme8g0h.jpeg
    Great start to the year everyone 🤗
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins The site still won’t let me follow you for some silly reason. 🙄

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @SammyDee2015 I'm Team Bada$$ ;-)
    Thanks @shanaber, I hadn't seen that ours were the ones with the 2020s on the front. Followed/requested to follow all the teams now I think.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    2020 Team R.I.O.T. - sorry about the 100 mile notification. I was trying to get my syncing back in order without the duplicates. We still have a bit to go to hit in actuality.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    2020 Team R.I.O.T. - sorry about the 100 mile notification. I was trying to get my syncing back in order without the duplicates. We still have a bit to go to hit in actuality.

No worries. I thought "dang Shana must have had a beast of a run!". 😉
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    I was only planning on counting runs for the RTY goal, but I took the dogs for a walk today and it added that on my tracker. I guess it doesn't really matter, but does anyone know if there is a way to not count walks toward the goal?
  • Elise4270
    edited January 2020
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I was only planning on counting runs for the RTY goal, but I took the dogs for a walk today and it added that on my tracker. I guess it doesn't really matter, but does anyone know if there is a way to not count walks toward the goal?

It's in the settings on the rty site.

Select your name next to your avatar.
    Device syncing
    Mine is Garmin . Daily steps. On or off.

I don't know why, but allowing daily steps also populates milage that I do on the bike.. meh. Kind of a pick me up, like I'm doing something so I'll leave it.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Thanks @Elise4270 I don't think it is bad to count other stuff, I was just trying to keep a separate tally of the running miles.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Hmm. I do have daily steps off. I did track the walk with my garmin though and it shows up on rty as a walk.
  • Elise4270
    edited January 2020
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Hmm. I do have daily steps off. I did track the walk with my garmin though and it shows up on rty as a walk.

Idk. Might email them or look into the Q&A.

ETA Im going to look for it, let us know if you find it
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    I emailed them and they said that any workout, runs or walks will go over from Garmin but I could delete the walk from RTY so that is what I did. If I don't log it on garmin as a workout it won't go over, but if I do it will so I will probably just delete any walks right away because the options are not synch Garmin or don't log walks as workouts. I know some people are counting all miles and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I just personally want to keep a separate tally of my running miles.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I have mine linked to Strava instead of my Fitbit. Strava only picks up gps tracked activities from my Fitbit.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Everyone on target? I am behind but can catch up once I get my new shoes this weekend
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    adampeart wrote: »
    Everyone on target? I am behind but can catch up once I get my new shoes this weekend

I’m on target - maybe even a little ahead as long as I don’t mess up my Achilles. I only had a small target though, so will try to exceed it
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    adampeart wrote: »
    I’m a tad behind but expected to have a slow start due to injury. Taking extra rest now will help keep me from getting re-injured by ramping up the mileage too quickly.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm new to this group but I've been signed up for run the year 2020 since December. 😊 3rd year I believe. Never made it to the full miles but I do my best. Dealing with a small issue so I'm only allowed to walk so I'm trying to do an intentional km per day at the very least. I just don't want to muck up my foot issue.
  • Elise4270
    edited January 2020
    Options
    kit_katty wrote: »
    Hi... I'm new to this group but I've been signed up for run the year 2020 since December. 😊 3rd year I believe. Never made it to the full miles but I do my best. Dealing with a small issue so I'm only allowed to walk so I'm trying to do an intentional km per day at the very least. I just don't want to muck up my foot issue.

Wonder if anyone wants another teammate? If @kit_katty is interested. Perhaps the team in "last" place? 2020 Easier said than RUN! Perhaps?
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    kit_katty wrote: »

Wonder if anyone wants another teammate? If @kit_katty is interested. Perhaps the team in "last" place? 2020 Easier said than RUN! Perhaps?

Sounds good to me!