WEIGHT NO MORE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I know I checked in last night but I feel surprisingly optimistic today. I am not going to lie, the scale has something to do with it. I haven't weighed myself the last two days. I know that it is said that we shouldn't weigh ourselves every day but I need to. It keeps me in check. When I don't weigh in, it usually is because I am not on track and don't want to see my weight. Today I woke up and weighed myself and...I weigh the same as last week! I was in shock. I really thought I would have a big gain. Now, I know my weight last week is up from the week before but I am not going to worry about that now. I am just going to do the basics today. I did overeat yesterday so I am going to drink a lot of water and eat lightly . I am going to be sure to plan, log my food, exercise and get my water in. I am going to have a good day today! Hope everyone else does too!

I think @Cafelelia post is spot on for me. As you all heard over and over, I am struggling to get back on track but I won't give up. It is never "too late" to get back on track for your health. We can do this!!

It is never too late to start thinking about your weekend. Anyone have plans? I have a quiet weekend but have BUNCO on Friday evening. I will definitely need a plan for that. I also am going to have food in the house for me at least this weekend. I don't want to go out or order out.

@JillyBT This is why I love this team. I learn so much. I never even knew that there was such a thing as a meditation studio. I would love to meditate but my mind wanders too much. Maybe going to a studio could get me started. I thought PA was the only place that needed to get the smart IDs. We still have to get ours. Idk why they just can't phase them in when our licenses are due. Also what is with the 19 year olds lately? Where in the east coast does your son go to school? It is funny how some people's personality changes with dementia Mom has a totally different personality since she has dementia...she is delightful! She was always such a difficult woman and it is a pleasure to visit her now. Looks like you still had an awesome day with the morning you had. Great job! Give yourself a pat on the back!
    @GingerPwr That is better than a gain! I am actually hoping for a maintain this week. If you are doing well, hang in there, the scale will catch up. If you are struggling, I am too. Let's get moving, we can still turn January around!
    @amsantos A tip with the water that may help. I measured into a glass that I typically use when I am home so I know that I have 16 oz every time I use that glass. Your plans for your husband's birthday sound lovely, I hope you are able to enjoy it. Remember you are getting over being sick so that could be why you are tired. Hopefully you can catch up on your sleep this weekend. Looks like you had another great day though! MFP is annoying, there are so many glitches. Be sure you are hitting the post reply and not just enter or it won't save.
    @brown6267 Amazing steps!!
    @Cafelelia It is true, life does throw you curve balls and it is important to not let it get you off track. I am working on that Lol! I am just being curious how things work. Will your insurance still work in the US? I can't imagine paying out of pocket for an MRI. It is crazy how expensive they are. I am glad your Mom lives close to the boarder so that is an option for you. It will be nice to know what is going on. I love the post and the quote from Thomas Edison.
    @nstephenson01 I know it is up from last week but nice loss from the earlier in the week weigh in. You have been struggling but you have been getting your exercise in and making your plan for food and doing pretty well with your water. Keep it going, we are going to have times like this we just have to keep pushing through....
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 - I forgot that you are a nurse, so you would have MRI questions! There are “private” MRI services in Ontario where you pay (around $770 Cdn) and go to hospitals off hours (think 3 am) to get your MRI. If you live close to the border, you can go to the US if you can find a doctor in Canada with dual licensing to order the test (I have a clinic that does that). The US option is also around $700 Cdn for most types of MRIs and you can schedule it at your convenience, unlike the Canadian alternative. Many US clinics and hospitals near the Ontario border provide this service to Canadians, so they price their MRIs competitively. The last time I did it, I had bursitis in my left hip, but prior to the MRI, ultrasounds showed it as a weird “growth”. I had a 4 month wait for an MRI in Canada, and given my stress over what the “growth” was, I went to the US and had my results in a few days. The $700 was not cheap, but it saved me months of stress and I was able to start PT immediately, resolving the bursitis in 4 weeks. I don’t want my post to come off as political at all. I love our healthcare system, which has its issues, but it works well overall. Our MRI access issue is frustrating as it has been globally identified as a problem for decades. We have one of the lowest rates of MRI scanning in the developed world (6 MRI machines per million people). With an aging population, this is not good at all and many people just find alternatives. That’s the scoop!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Wednesday
    Food: OK but more wine than I should
    Water: somewhere around 60 - 70 oz, not as good as I have been
    Exercise: Bowflex intervals; 9,318 steps

Somewhat of a rest day. Too cold and windy to walk so exercised on the Bowflex. Spent most of the day cleaning... the yucky type of moving furniture and vacuuming under stuff. Honestly, I probably only do that type of deep cleaning once or twice a year. Not all of the house is clean but parts are really clean LOL. So hubby got the call yesterday from his boss that work is starting up and unfortunately its back in Pennsylvania once again. Nothing against PA... its just sooooooo far from home. At least he got some notice this time and doesn't leave until mid-February. So he spent part of the day calling his crew. Lots of details to be made. I'm not sure if I'm going along or staying home. We been together for over 20 years and he's been traveling for work about 8 but it continues to be an emotional time for me when he gets close to leaving. So, had a few glasses of wine last night. Oh well.

I feel pretty good about my weight even though its high. I really struggle during these winter months and have moved to the cheer squad previously but I'm just plugging along here this time. Hoping the tide changes and I feel a little more motivated to be consistent. The last couple of days have been better.

The weekend's almost here gang!!
  • jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jmilner89
    Weighin day: Friday
    Week: 2
    PW: 214.5
    CW: 217.5

😔 I thought this might happen, I've been sick most of the week and focused more on survival than weight-loss, but I'm still disappointed!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Very long day. Just finished yoga and had and encouraging run at the gym. More tomorrow
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thursday 1/16 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: rest day

I was asked if I wanted to come into work early tonight. I said no. Thursday is my volunteer night and since I committed to every week I didn't want to have to let them know at the last minute and I enjoy being with the little kids.

I slept really well until about 1pm, then woke up, not sure why. Then had trouble getting back to sleep. I think I kind of dozed after that but didn't get back to a deep sleep.

I decided to make today a rest day so I could go to the store and get some of the clear liquid items I need for Sunday. I have to go pick up the prescription for the colonscopy prep tomorrow. By the time I got home, I had just enough time to eat and then leave to volunteer. I had the southwestern salad today, which I liked.

The one little girl (she's 2), who really likes me, had a couple little tantrums today but she seems to get over them pretty quickly too. Hopefully one of these days she'll grow out if them completely. After volunteering I went out for coffee and now am off to work. Seems like my days go by so quickly.

• sleepymom5
    Options
    Thursday 1/16 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: 15 min walk, 15 min stationary bike, PT, stationary and stretching.

Good day, finally! I am tired so I am making this short. I will check in tomorrow morning.

@nstephenson01 What a beautiful picture. You really live in a beautiful part of the country! I am sorry that your husband will be leaving on his next assignment soon. I am sure that will never be easy. Where is he going in Pa? Is it always the same area? You have had a few good days under your belt, even with the extra wine. Hang in there!
    @Cafelelia How interesting, thank you for taking the time to explain it. I am glad that you have other alternatives than waiting.
    @jmilner89 I hope you are feeling better. I know when I am sick, I crave carbs and comfort foods. Don't worry about the weight, get better and then you can get right back at it. Hugs!
    @Mrsbell8well Glad you were able to get your workouts in. Have a great night :)
    @tryingagain5 Sounds like another good day. And what a worthwhile cause to pass up overtime pay. :)
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    JillyBT
    Daily check in Thursday 1/15
    Food logged and over
    Water 60oz
    Exercise: Boxing / Circuit training class
    Steps: 9880

@sleepymom5 The meditation studio I go to has a website and an app with hundreds of meditations on video. There is a 7 day free trial then it costs money. It’s called unplugged. It’s the in thing here in Los Angeles. I just started using the app and it’s great when I can’t get to the studio. Being the sandwich generation taking care of my parents with dementia and dealing with my 19 year old home from college (he’s at UMASS Amherst) ....it is a lot of stress! Sounds like we have a lot in common.
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    Week #: 2
    PW: 68.80 Kg / 151.68 lbs
    CW: 68 Kg / 149.91 lbs

Check-In: The Week
    Food: As Planned
    Water: On Track
    Exercise Most Days: Treadmill; Walking Dog; Berry Picking

My weight bounced nearly back up to my starting weight for 3 days, for no reason. Thank goodness it went back to normal again, I can laugh about it now!

Yippeee! We are having some decent non-stop rain the past few days! We have a decade of drought at a time here in Australia, so rain always feels so magical & just in time too with the insane walls of bush fires across the country. All the dust has turned into beautiful lush green grass & the air is fresh! Life is beautiful!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  • Fi45
    Fi45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fi45
    PW 206
    CW 205
    Not the best week eating wise, so I’ll take it 😃
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    01/17 steps 12155
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Friday
    week 2
    pw: 161.8
    cw: 161.8
    no gain!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 142.8
    Today's weight: 145.6
    Weekly Steps: 77,410

Well there’s no two ways around it - my eating has been totally out of control this week! It really sucks I can’t seem to get my rhythm going. This is the highest my weight has been in a long time. Makes me feel like crap!!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    thrusday check in

Food oh oops
    water i defiantely drank a lot (non alcoholic)
    exercise 30 min run

It was my husbands birthday yesterday. I had a late swim on wednesday. When I came back home I had lots of errands to do before I could go to sleep and didn't get to bed until 11pm. Woke up exhausted. I managed to stick to my food plan for most of the day but clearing up after a course there were the inevitable buffet left overs. I mostly packed up the left over salad for lunch today but I did sneak mini some scotch eggs, chicken nuggets and a cocktail sausage it was delish. Then I took hubbub out for my birthday meal and cinema. We went to a little family run Italian place near the cinema. It was so nice. I had a caprese salad for starter and cod wrapped in parma ham with grilled courgette (zuchinni) it came in a lemon and herb butter sauce. The salad tested so good then I figured out it was drenched in olive oil. I ate it I love it. I didn't count it. I shared a strawberry and vanilla gelato. The whole meal was insanely delicious. I woke up this morning feeling slimmer. It is one meal. Straight back to it. I want to the cinema they have got a coke fountain which is new. I have been caffeine free for many years and I was saying at work the other day that I really miss cherry coke as it is rare to find it over here ( used to love pepsi so I was delighted when I found they had decaf on a visit to New York). Anyway the coke fountain had a caffenine free cherry coke option. It was blooming expensive but it made me so happy. We watched star wars I haven't a clue what was going on. Sadly I didn't fall asleep. I didn't get into bed until midnight . I am so tired today. This evening he goes out with his friends so my and my daugther have girls's night. I am hoping I can get straight into my pj's and go bed. I am hoping I can pass it off as a pyjama party. So tired.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 3
    Pw 189.2
    Cw 190
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 2
    PW 150.1
    CW 150.1

This maintain is ok. I feel like I just started getting into my zone since Monday. I just need to keep at it!

I have the kids home for PD day & have to run, so will catch up later!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I actually got on the scale 3 times to be sure that weight was true. That just shows me how you can really mess yourself up mentally. I wasn't the greatest this week but looking back, I usually did well with water, exercise and eating until the evening. In the past, I would have just given up and figured I couldn't do it. I started the not weighing because I didn't want to see my weight and didn't want to be accountable for my eating off plan. Like I said yesterday I was super motivated by what I saw on the scale. I wish I had just kept with my routine with weighing myself and maybe I would have been motivated a little earlier in the week. I also secretly thought yesterday was a fluke and I would be up again today. I am taking this as a gift and running with it! I can't afford to keep going like I was going, time to start going down on the scale. My next weight goal is 191-I will go from obese to overweight on the BMI chart. I know we shouldn't put too much into the BMI scale but getting out of the obese category is a big motivator for me. Getting under 200 was my first big goal so now 191 here I come! I have a busy day today and then girls night tonight. It is I am going out this afternoon to find something healthy to bring with me. My plan there is 3 drinks and eating 2-2, healthiest options. I am not sure what my mouth will feel like after my dental work so who knows, I may end up bringing a yogurt or something soft to eat. I am getting a crown, when the dentist told me I needed one, I thought finally! Turns out, this isn't the crown I was hoping for Lol!

Btw-I saw on a morning show that today is the day people usually give up on their New Year's Resolutions. Let's keep going strong team Weight No More!

@JillyBT It does seem like we have a lot in common! I am in awe of how well you are doing and your amazing workouts. How does your son like being in Mass? They can have tough winters up there. I am going to look more into the meditation. Thanks for sharing.
    @rosieposiesrl Goodbye 150s!! Sounds like you had a good week! I am so happy you shared about the weather. Finally rain! I know it doesn't solve all the problems with the wildfires but it sure helps. Hugs!
    @Fi45 Nice loss! Any loss is a step in the right direction but I think a pound is a good loss for a week! How are things going? Check in with us once in a while. :)
    @brown6267 More awesome stepping!
    @lennoncpa I have been feeling the same way all January. Remember this time of year for you it is especially import with all the extra hours. Take time to make a plan. The time you take now will really save you time in the long run. I know you can do this, I am right with you!
    @amsandos Sounds like a good birthday for the hubbub! Lucky guy! I am glad you enjoyed your meal. It sounded like you made good choices and enjoyed it. Sometimes you have to make a decision that you are going to treat yourself. Then no guilt and like you said, right back at it. I am also happy that you were able to get your diet cherry coke as a treat at the movies. I have to say, I enjoy Star Wars but need my son or brother with me to help me follow the story Lol! Hope you can get some sleep this evening, MK (the one who is driving me crazy now :s ) used to love snuggling and watching TV in bed with me. Then my husband would carry her to bed when he came up to bed.
    @hope002 Good bye 190s!! I don't know if you will even remember them-you blew right through them. I know you are working hard and the results are showing! :)
    @ljdanny That is not bad, basically a maintain. You are also still down a little from the start of January. You got this!!
    @Cafelelia . Yes, maintaining isn't bad at all. Good luck with the kiddos home today! It will be a nice, long weekend for them.
This discussion has been closed.