Trying again

prowell57
prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
Hi everyone. I did keto for the first time last year for 4 months (July - Nov). I had read up on keto woe and thought I was ready but the longer I was on it the more confused I became (too much conflicting advice from ppl) also started having side effects (severe constipation). Decided to back off for awhile and re-group. I've been studying on the things I was getting frustrated about and did my homework on keto side effects. Feel confident enough now to give it another try so here I am back on the keto wagon :)
Looking for friends to help me on this journey. I AM going to succeed this time!

Replies

• ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Sent you a friend request. I’ve been struggling a bit too and I’d love to hear about solutions you’ve found.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Welcome prowell57! =)
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Ploomka thank you for the request. We are going to do this!

dawnz75 thank you👋
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Sending you a friend request
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 174 Member
    Sending friend request :)
  • sbryanthc
    sbryanthc Posts: 73 Member
    I sent you a friend request. I have decided to try keto again. I’m going to implement working out this time around. I lost a lot of weight the first time with no exercise but this time I want to get in shape not just lose weight
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    I did keto from June last year but by autumn I had found the strickedness of the carbs was too much so I'm going low carb but not as low as keto needs. I just find it too hard and keto flu while working and driving about most of the day isn't what I'm wanting.
  • melanie_marie78
    melanie_marie78 Posts: 17 Member
    Welcome back to Keto! I'm also getting a fresh start with Keto. I did it long term for about 2 years and lost over 100 pounds. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon and gained most of it back while dealing with some heavy emotional stuff. It seems crazy to me that that was 4 years ago!

Since then I spent a period of time just not caring about what I ate, and then some time trying different non-keto diets. At the end of the day, I've realized keeping the carbs low just works best for me. I struggle with PCOS so that probably has a lot to do with it.

I'm also looking for fellow Keto friends here since there are a lot of people who are negative about it on MFP. I'm on a long journey and committed. I'm always here if you want some advice or just some cheering on!