2020 Run the Year Group

Options

Replies

• VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Hey with @seestephierun AWOL, can a team member asked RTY if they can allow another team member to be captain?

Apparently the team captain can transfer their role, that doesn’t really help us though

Right. Which is why I was hoping rty could help with that.
    They are friendly folks. I'm sure they'd help if it possible.

Briana is looking into it. She asked for @seestephierun's last name to find her, which I don't know. Will wait and see if it can be done without that - we're in different time zones - will update when I know more. We're getting there @kit_katty!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    I'm new to RTY, so don't know the rules. Can people be on more than one team? If so, can't you just start a new team?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'm new to RTY, so don't know the rules. Can people be on more than one team? If so, can't you just start a new team?

Ohh good thought!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options

Ohh good thought!

I figured they could create a new team and drop from the current one. Changing the leader keeps @seestephierun on in case she comes back though. One way or the other it will get worked out.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @kit_katty has now been added to the team. Glad that is all sorted :) I am hoping to start running properly from this weekend which will be nice as have some catching up to do!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    @seestephierun @adampeart yay! I'm officially part of my first time! :blush:
  • BeverlyW1108
    BeverlyW1108 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    adampeart wrote: »
    Everyone on target? I am behind but can catch up once I get my new shoes this weekend

I'm at 93 miles. Was well ahead of target until some stupid stomach bug wiped me out and left me stuck in bed for 2 days and still recovering today. Hopefully a few good long runs once I get my strength back a bit will put me back in line.

My annual goal is 520, so I am on target for January! Y’all are motivating me more than I imagined! Thank you all!
  • shanaber
    Options
    Is anyone else having problems syncing with the RTE Trackery app? Mine stopped with the new month and nothing I have done with the app has fixed it. I am going to send them and email and would like to tell them if others are having a similar issue
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

shanaber wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems syncing with the RTE Trackery app? Mine stopped with the new month and nothing I have done with the app has fixed it. I am going to send them and email and would like to tell them if others are having a similar issue

My Saturday run transferred from Garmin to RTY ok.
  • shanaber
    Options
    Thanks @Teresa502 - I am going to try deleting the app and reinstalling it
  • Teresa502
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Thanks @Teresa502 - I am going to try deleting the app and reinstalling it

Any luck?
  • shanaber
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Yes - that fixed it and picked up everything for this month! I am thinking I may just switch back to sync with Strava instead of Apple Health. Strava seems to work more consistently and gives me the breakdown by run, walk, other where with Apple health they do some kind of calculation from step count to determine the miles
  • jmuriel13
    jmuriel13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is this still going on?
    If it is, I'd like to please join in
  • shanaber
    Options
    @jmuriel13 - it is definitely still going on. To participate you will need to purchase a package from Run The Edge. I think the cheapest one is $25 and as near as I can tell there is no deadline to join and you can count/add your miles from Jan 1. Once you join there, just let us know what your goal number of miles are for the year and we will find a team for you to join.
  • shanaber
    Options
    Hi guys!! How is everyone doing?
    I just hit the 300 mile mark and I think some of you are there or are close too!
    Team 2020 R.I.O.T. is oh so close to hitting 600 miles for the year so far, too!! WhooHoo!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Team Pavement Pounders is doing great! We have the lowest mileage of the MFP teams, but there are only two of us on the team and I believe we are both only counting running miles. We are right on track. As a team we have 398.71 miles so just almost to the 400 bib and both @Tramboman and I are less than 1 mile to the 200 bib. We seem to have about the same mileage each week.
  • Teresa502
    Options
    MFP Team E is plugging along. )How sad are we that we haven't come up with a team name! :D )

Not sure about @emmamcgarity or @quilteryoyo but I'm only counting running miles. We just hit 406.20 miles so we're on track!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I'm counting intentional walking and running miles. The walking miles have to be at or greater than 3.5 mph for me to count them. I think we are doing great. We do need a name though.