Coffee creamer?

Options
LynzesLosingIt
LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
edited January 2020 in Social Groups
What do you guys use for your coffee creamer?
I've made bullet proof coffee but the ghee always starts separating from the coffee before I can finish it and it tastes greasy. I've also tried making it in bulk before hand (http://molliemason.space/bulletproof-superfood-coffee-creamer-recipe/) but the same thing happened, the ghee and oil separated from the other ingredients.
I just need something creamy to help my coffee out! I've also tried almond milk but it didn't do it for me.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I use half and half or heavy whipping cream...heavy whipping cream is my favorite, but for work or travel the half and half pods are shelf stable and easy to find.
  • TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Do you use an immersion or emulsion blender when making your bulletproof coffee? I use a cheap little stick blender (milk frother) I bought off Amazon and give it a good whisk when first blending it all together and then again a bit later if the oils float to the top and make a skin.
    Here's my recipe: a scoop of collagen peptides, heavy whipping cream, MCT oil, Kerrygold butter or ghee and coffee. Sometimes a little Himalayan salt and cinnamon. <3<3<3
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    A little heavy cream and caramel flavored premier protein.
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    half and half with skinny syrup
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just use cream or half and half, or sugar free coffee-mate. I don't really do bulletproof, if I want a meal replacement I just do a peanut butter chia smoothie. I bet a coffee chia smoothie would be good too, if u have coffee ice cubes
  • NCSophie
    NCSophie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use organic heavy whipping cream. It's loads more expensive but has a better Omega 3 profile than regular cream.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I use light vanilla flavored almond milk. 30 calories per cup and use liquid stevia to sweeten a little more. 30 cals and you can add some milk to your coffee almost all day verses a single serving ofheavy cream.
  • LynzesLosingIt
    Options
    All of that sounds great! I did HWC and Flavor God's chocolate donut seasoning this morning and it turned out decent
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you like cinnamon in your coffee you can just put a sprinkle of ground cinnamon in with the coffee grounds when you brew, gives it a nice flavor!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just have my coffee with heavy cream and liquid stevia.. just a splash (1tbsp) of cream is 50 calories. Keeps me in fasting mode until I get hungry for food. I’ve got plenty of good useable fat on my body if needed for energy, I don’t need to add extra fat in the AM. Not saying I don’t consume fat during the day to help with satiety and cravings but not everyone needs bulletproof coffee and fat bombs all day everyday. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤗
  • ketoandweim
    ketoandweim Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs drinking 2 tbsp of Coconut Cream Coffemate every morning. I wasn't willing to let that go and I am ok drinking the carbs because I am dirty keto and proud of it! lol I might have lost more quicker not doing it but I would rather be happy everyday than try to force something down I don't like!
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I do black tea with Sugar free coffemate and unsweetened almond milk in the mornings. We all have to chose what works best for us. 3g of carbs in my morning tea is worth it for me, maybe not for someone else. But still really doable in keto. I tend to aim for 15-25 net carbs per day so maybe a little easier for me. =)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb versus keto and use half and half or the pea milk-Ripple Unsweetened Vanilla. Ripple has a nutrient profile I find favorable.
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sugar-Free Coffeemate. Tried dozens of other things but I didn’t like them as well. I still can easily stay under 20 net carbs per day and I don’t seem to see anything negative from a few TBSP per day.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What do you guys use for your coffee creamer?
    I've made bullet proof coffee but the ghee always starts separating from the coffee before I can finish it and it tastes greasy. I've also tried making it in bulk before hand (http://molliemason.space/bulletproof-superfood-coffee-creamer-recipe/) but the same thing happened, the ghee and oil separated from the other ingredients.
    I just need something creamy to help my coffee out! I've also tried almond milk but it didn't do it for me.

I use a powdered creamer called Rapidfire Ketogenic Creamer. It has MCT Oil and "grass fed" butter and is only $14.99 from GNC. The creamer is also available at CVS, Target and through Amazon. https://www.gnc.com/ketogenic/139807.html?cgid=ketogenic
  • LynzesLosingIt
    Options
    @ketoandweim Yesssss dirty keto!! Same haha

@ernestrodgers82 I've tried that creamer and didn't love it but I didn't give up on it forever. I'll give it another shot