Looking for new friends on keto

Options
kajuae74
kajuae74 Posts: 19 Member
Hi, I have just started keto and would love to have some new friends who are on it too. I know I have a lot of questions so maybe we can work together to find the answers. Send me a friend request if your interested.

Kerry

Replies

• ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi @kajuae74 and welcome! Feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends :smile:
  • kajuae74
    Options
    thanks, ploomka I have added you. Nice to meet you.
  • AriannaBier
    AriannaBier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. 🙂
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request
  • kajuae74
    Options
    Thanks All
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerry, welcome to the keto forums. So nice to have new people in here so we can work together to get healthy.
  • dj10284
    dj10284 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new here too. Feel free to add me. I have invited a couple but I would appreciate more.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    also on keto here and open diary. :) I tend to focus on low glycemic vegetables yet stay under 25 net carbs a day.

@kajuae74 :)
  • ketoandweim
    ketoandweim Posts: 23 Member
    Options
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends, and you are welcome to add me. I will warn you the diary is boring though.

FWIW, I have been keto since 2016 and have found it works very well for me.
  • ebony_iis
    ebony_iis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m also looking for some keto supportive friends. I need all the motivation I can get ☺️ I’m only three weeks into this journey. Although I’m very excited I’m also looking for tips and advice
  • melanie_marie78
    melanie_marie78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I posted this to another thread, but I'm definitely looking for more friends who ate doing Keto!

I did it long term for about 2 years and lost over 100 pounds. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon and gained most of it back while dealing with some heavy emotional stuff. It seems crazy to me that that was 4 years ago!

Since then I spent a period of time just not caring about what I ate, and then some time trying different non-keto diets. At the end of the day, I've realized keeping the carbs low just works best for me. I struggle with PCOS so that probably has a lot to do with it.

I'm also looking for fellow Keto friends here since there are a lot of people who are negative about it on MFP. I'm on a long journey and committed. I'm always here if you want some advice or just some cheering on!
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you all are free to add me. I have been doing keto since July 2019. I often don't eat over 60% fat and I have lost a ton of weight. I now want to start toning in an effort to lose the belly flab and bye-bye arm, all the motivation I can get is welcomed!!!
  • ebony_iis
    ebony_iis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    nrs101364 wrote: »
    you all are free to add me. I have been doing keto since July 2019. I often don't eat over 60% fat and I have lost a ton of weight. I now want to start toning in an effort to lose the belly flab and bye-bye arm, all the motivation I can get is welcomed!!!

Hello 👋🏿
    I’ve been doing pretty well, but I think it may be time to drop my fat percentage... Did you begin your keto journey with 60% fat macros or did you gradually discover that was the best percentage for your body.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    ebony_iis wrote: »

Hello 👋🏿
    I’ve been doing pretty well, but I think it may be time to drop my fat percentage... Did you begin your keto journey with 60% fat macros or did you gradually discover that was the best percentage for your body.

For me I had to fumble around a little to find what worked for me. I find a little more protein suits me, but it is not that way for everyone.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started all over on my weight loss journey. Anyone can add me! Been keto for a few years, BUT not consistently. So I'm back at square one, hopefully for the last time!
  • bobbls
    bobbls Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerry, sending friend request
  • ari_s97
    ari_s97 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I’m glad to be back! I did keto last year before I had my second son and it worked out great. Am ready for a new challenge for 2020! Looking for some friends :)
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ebony_iis wrote: »
    nrs101364 wrote: »

Hello 👋🏿

I pushed it around between 50-70% until I found my sweet spot. My doctor warned at the outset not to eat the highest fat. I had so much weight to lose and from reading these boards I decided that I had plenty of fat to burn within my big self. My main concern is to keep the carbs low and see where everything else falls. Hope that helps :)