Idk wht I'm doing but I'm doing IT

Options
There seems to be millions of apps tips and ppl who seem to know everything about how to get fit. This isn't tht lol
This is more of a "I'm doing it MY WAY and it WORKS kinda feel
This doesn't mean everything else doesn't just a judgement free way to express wht is working.

:) I've lost 23 lbs last year tht success came from connecting the dots from what I could make happen daily to what made me smile...

Hope you all will feel you can share your triumphs and failures here maybe we can follow the yellow brick road to Oz together <3

Replies

• AraxiaS
    AraxiaS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't particularly hard for me, i tend to just restrict my calories and especially my carbs and that's really all i need to do. What's more challenging is sculpting and strengthening and thats my primary focus this year. The most challenging thing for me is the belly. I could be painfully underweight but the belly gets no where close to toned. I'm hyper focusing on belly this year
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Great post! I felt inspired by your "doing it my way" approach. A lot of us look to others to validate what feels good or right rather than tuning in to our own bodies and unique experiences. More of this, please!
  • miksmommy4
    miksmommy4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great post! I agree with you 100%. Everyone has an opinion on what you should be doing, how you should be doing it and what you should eat to lose weight. I’ve decided to mute it and do what is best for me and my body. Everyone’s body is different and works in different ways. Good luck on your journey
  • brouwer28
    brouwer28 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love this post - good reminder to "do you" and COMMIT to the process. I feel like I can get so sidetracked by looking around at what other people are doing instead of committing to the slow lifestyle changes that work for me. Last year I committed to start a running habit. I now LOVE running and make sure I run at least 3x's/week. That was my only health goal in 2019 and I feel like I was successful because I kept it simple. This year I'm committed to continue running and to get down to my goal weight (and stay there). Slow and simple all the way!
  • Rayasunshine724
    Rayasunshine724 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love how you are finding what works for you and enjoying it. That's so important, because is helps you create a lifestyle out of the things you love. I think that is how we are successful at keeping the weight off.
    Not doing what everyone else is doing, but honestly finding our own thing and even incorporating the things that have worked for others.

I really am looking for the thing that works for my lifestyle as well. I super enjoy my workout class. It's 35 min interval training with stations, similar to fitbody boot camp. I have been doing this for over 2 years consistently. I am currently working on finding a happy medium between diet and lifestyle. I want to do what I haven't done before so I can achieve results I've never had, for good.

I lost 26lbs, which was the most ever lost!!! I was excited. I kept it off for 8 months, and then something changed and I started to gain it back. I am now just a few lbs away where I started. It was a big blow for me and I almost gave up. I found my motivation again because me and my husband are wanting have a another baby. My first pregnancy had complications due to my weight and I never want to go through that again. So my goal is a healthy pregnancy, healthy baby, and a healthy life. Thanks for letting me share❤❤❤