TRIMSTONES - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Hmm, when there is about 5 minutes left to a walk, stationary biking, or elliptical, I start telling myself that "I can do anything, anything at all for 5 minutes," and then, "I can do anything, anything at all for 4 minutes," etc. Etc. Until at the one minute mark, I say, 60 seconds, 45 seconds, 30 seconds, 20 seconds, and then I count down from 10 seconds! Whew! Although I don't actually mean anything, but just what I'm doing at that time.
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Arc130
    Steps
    Monday 2/3-8062
    Tuesday 2/4-7589
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @Emmajhare I would guestimate on the log....just to stay accountable. And I would eat mindfully and enjoy it! The great thing about France is you can probably get lots of walking in. The bonus is you get to explore and enjoy the sights while you do it!
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    kmfeig87
    February Week 1
    Wednesday WI
    PW 138
    CW 141

I do not know what is going on with my weight. I've been logging consistently and eating under goal. Saw 136 last week, bounce up to 138 for 5 days, then 140, then 141. I'm still only walking, but I've been walking fast and hills. I'm particularly frustrated because having not logged for 4 weeks over the holidays, I seem to be doing worse the last two weeks, despite having gotten back on track. Luckily I've been in it long enough that I'm not in danger of giving up (yet), but I just don't get what is going on!! (Okay...full disclosure, I do seem to be retaining water, but I'm not sure that that is enough to account for the terrible scale.)
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/2 - 1108
    2/3 - 2628
    2/4 - 2514
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    05/02 13,384 👣

Well I walked a lot but I also ate cheese and drunk more than my fair share of wine and beer. Oh well. I've logged my sins and had fun. What happens in France....
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    wilsonkellies
    Week 1
    Wednesday
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    2/5: 6720
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    2/5 17,134 steps
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/1 13,292
    2/2 8,347
    2/3 5,015
    2/4 9,865
    2/5 5,462
    2/6 8,047
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Here's a question...when you're pushing through to hit your step goal, finish your workout or just get in that last five minutes of your routine, what to do you for that last boost of energy to get you to the finish line?! For me, it's either throwing on my favorite playlist or getting a glass of my favorite tea that does it...what's your secret?!

Jessica

When I’m close to the finish line, knowing how close I am is usually all I need. Like others have said, I tell myself, it’s only 5 min or whatever... Distractions also help. This morning, on the elliptical, an interesting story came on the news and instead of hopping off after my 20 min were done, I kept on going because I wanted to hear the end! And the last thing I’ll say helps is the habit tracker... I want that green check mark! So I keep going...

• KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Congrats to the KC Chiefs, they are now looking forward to their next Super Bowl in 2070.

Ha Ha Ha. Go Chiefs!!
  • KCJen
    Options
    @Emmajhare I got my Samsung Health and MFP linked. Thanks for your help. I noticed that MFP will write to Samsung Health but if I enter info into the Samsung Health it will not write to MFP. Is that correct, or am I doing something wrong? I hope you are enjoying France!
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Here's a question...when you're pushing through to hit your step goal, finish your workout or just get in that last five minutes of your routine, what to do you for that last boost of energy to get you to the finish line?! For me, it's either throwing on my favorite playlist or getting a glass of my favorite tea that does it...what's your secret?!

Jessica

Haven't been hitting my step goal so this week I can't crawl in bed until I do.
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/5 = 10,249
  • KCJen
    Options
    Is there info on the steps challenge that I have been reading about from everyone's posts? Is there somewhere else I need to look to find the step challenge info? Thanks!
  • foxcc
    foxcc Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    PW 214.7
    CW 213.4
    2/4 11826
    2/5 10828
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    2/5-10,179
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Is there info on the steps challenge that I have been reading about from everyone's posts? Is there somewhere else I need to look to find the step challenge info? Thanks!

Hey Jen (@KCJen )...I keep the stats for the Step Challenge...rather simple really...you sign up to participate, set yourself a daily step goal and then every few days send in your steps...just a daily goal to keep yourself active. Now, once you have a group of friends that use the same step tracker (Fitbit, etc.) you can do side challenges as you'd like. Feel free to add me if you use Fitbit (jakrall@cox.net)...love challenges...let me know if you'd like to join and I'll get you plugged in. Step chart is just below the weight chart, on the same spreadsheet...

Jessica :smiley: :
This discussion has been closed.