New to group

Options
Beginning intermittent fasting and looking for some support pals

Replies

• sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna. I started here a few weeks ago, but only got really serious this week. It’s been a bit of a shakey start, but managed a 18 hour fast today quite easily. Not seeing any loss yet, but hoping that follows soon.
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Congrats ladies. I don't know if the group meets. But I've been IF for a while and it works!!
  • ruthjones
    ruthjones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have used intermittent fasting in the past, and started it again as a new years resolution to lose weight and health. I have also been on fitness pal for several years. I thought it would be fun to join in with others my age who are if also!
  • smiliekiwi
    smiliekiwi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m 58 and have seen so many positive testimonials of IF But would really like to hear some from my age group?
  • debs4567
    debs4567 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi Smiliekiwi.....I just started IF and I’m 62. I just posted on a previous thread but long story short, so far I’m LOVING this. I’m currently 14/10. I started out 16/8 but I found that a little difficult at first. I’m going to transition back to 16/8 in another week or so.
  • renanan311
    renanan311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I’m 58, been IF for 2 weeks.
    It’s good so far, not too difficult.
    I’ve lost 4 lbs and my arthritis in my knees is much better!
    I’m also hypothyroid : /
  • iheartcb
    iheartcb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I recently turned 65 and have been trying to do 16:8 for a week now. I have no problems with waiting until noon for my first meal but have trouble when it comes to eating out. The timing of meals often varies ~ any suggestions?
  • iheartcb
    iheartcb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eating out in the evening...
  • smiliekiwi
    Options
    I’m finding the longer I’ve been doing this , longer fasts have become easier. ( I don’t miss breakfast at all!) So enjoy eating out stretch your window a little, just know it’s not going to be a regular thing
    Now I can fast longer so having occasional longer eating windows is not a problem Ü
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to try IF and want to learn as much as I can. I am in maintenance but finding my weight starting to creep up after a year and a half so want to make some changes to stop that. I'm hoping that IF is the answer. I've already been trying not to eat until lunchtime on weekends anyway so thought this might be the answer.
  • smiliekiwi
    Options
    I'm getting ready to try IF and want to learn as much as I can. I am in maintenance but finding my weight starting to creep up after a year and a half so want to make some changes to stop that. I'm hoping that IF is the answer. I've already been trying not to eat until lunchtime on weekends anyway so thought this might be the answer.
    Hi Cheryl!

IF is an Ideal tool for maintenance.
    When you are fasting make sure it is “clean”. Ie just black coffee tea or water. Having a late breakfast and nothing after dinner is probably not too difficult
    Lots of info on line. ( I recommend delay don’t deny by Gin Stephens
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I recommend Dr. Jason Fung’s books and podcasts.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group. I’ve been doing clean IF for a week now and have been able to do 16:8-20:4. I like this group for women my age (turning 60 in May) because our hormones and bodies don’t work like those of the younger ladies. Hoping I have some new numbers to show my doctor in April. (He’s a proponent of less calories in than calories out = weight loss. That just isn’t true for me!) I’ve been on MFP for quite a few years and calorie restriction doesn’t work!