February 8 Sign In

Options

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 Thanks for sharing your painting! You and the rest of the class look very happy!! Well done!
    @TerriRichardson112 What do the acronyms DED and DYD signify?
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @SuziQ113, I really admire what you're doing. Where is this? I've done a lot of charity work but never knew this was even a thing..............I'd love to know more!

Have a great Sunday everyone! This group is the BEST!!!!!

I am in South Florida and the fields yesterday were located in Delray Beach. I found out about this through a friend who is a Junior League member. It started with one man who asked a farmer if a group could glean one of its fields for its soup kitchen and has turned in to a major source of produce for food banks and soup kitchens in Palm Beach County. Here's a link if you would like to see what the group does and the schedule.
    https://www.crosministries.org/gleaning/
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    @SuziQ113 A thumbs up to you for the gleaning work. :) I live in farm country, where volunteers glean apples and other produce every year and then donate everything to the food bank, community soup kitchen, and other charities.

I am so glad to hear this. I really wish there was more of it going on. We could all put a big dent in the hunger of others around the country/world.

I think I get more out of it - simply love the open space and the meditation time it allows me. And, the big bonus is the calorie burn!