What Tricks/Tips/Items do you have to help you stay in Keto weekly?

dawnz75
dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
Meal planning is everything. If you don't have the correct foods to chose from, then keto is difficult to maintain. What things do you find if you do each week make staying in keto easier?

For me shredded pre-cooked chicken makes my week sooo much easier.
I also need 2-3 easy to chop up veggies and lettuce, or my back up- cans of green beans.
Although it might be considered "Dirty keto" pepperoni or deli lunch meat help me with sodium and if I need something to eat really quickly.
What are the things you mostly use or depend on when eating keto?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    rotisserie chicken - so easy to buy and deconstruct into quart size bags and keep in the refrigerator/freezer for quick and easy meat when needed.

eggs - I can cook them at work, or make a quick meal of them, or boil them for salads/snacks.
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    I always have cans of tuna, cheese and some veggies in the fridge. Also keep a bag of shrimp in the freezer (always buy on sale) and sometimes a pack of beyond burgers that I can prep quickly. I also keep a costco size box of egg whites available. easy omelette in a snap. You could use eggs but for me, too many egg yolks don't agree with me. As you said, the most important part of the equation is meal prep. My Sundays are now meal prep days.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Spices for variety, bacon and eggs, mayo for egg salad or tuna salad, avocado for keto side or guacamole, feta, cheddar and mozzarella, mio, olive oil which I use to roast everything on foil and avoid dishes to wash
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    My staples are frozen chicken breasts that come in 3-,5-, or 10 lb bags, block cheese that I cut at home because it's cheaper that way and I can cut it myself at home then easily snack on it at work, deli meat, bacon and eggs, and stuff for salads.
  • Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    The secret is to never go on a diet. This is your life now. :D
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    I try to keep string cheese in the fridge in case I want a snack. Cans of chicken, tuna and sardines are always good to have around. When I cook pork or chicken, I cook enough to have lots of leftovers.
  • KaitlynPeri
    KaitlynPeri Posts: 45 Member
    This may be boring or tedious to some but I plan to eat the same things for breakfast and lunch, I’ll prep 7 days of egg cups and taco salad. Keeps me on track and helps me focus on “eat to live” not “live to eat”.
  • melanie_marie78
    melanie_marie78 Posts: 17 Member
    This is going to be a big week for me eating dinner at restaurants (with birthdays and night conferences) so that's at the forefront of my mind. I have a game plan for a lot of different restaurants.

If I can, I look at menus in advance. I know ny coworker wants Mexican food this week, so I found a nice steak I can have on the menu. Fajitas without the tortillas would probably work too.

If I can't preview, simple items are usually best. Salmon and broccoli, or a protein with a side salad works. If all else fails, I can usually get a burger without a bun at most places.

Don't be afraid to ask for slight customizations. I still go out to our favorite pizza place for date night. I ordered a side of 2 italian sausages, and I asked if they could put mozzarella on top. It was perfect, and the cheese kept me from missing pizza.