Does MFP keep old entries or is there a time period where they are wiped from your account?

Sarahb29
Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
I was talking to a friend of mine about Keto and I had logged a ton of my food during my pregnancy when I had gestational diabetes. I wanted to use my meals as some examples but when I looked back all my food log entries from 2012 are gone. I have a general idea of what I ate but I forget things like the brand of bread I was eating that had high fiber and low sugar.

Darn it!!

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Sorry, kinda off onto your side track near the end of your post: https://nutritionyoucanuse.com/best-brands-of-low-carb-bread
  • Sarahb29
    I'm not sure what you mean, but thanks for the link. I had all my low carb and keto meals saved in MFP in my logs and was hoping I could find them.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,016 Member
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean, but thanks for the link. I had all my low carb and keto meals saved in MFP in my logs and was hoping I could find them.

I think she means that her comment doesn't directly answer your main question, but it does have to do with the bread.

The answer to the main, is I don't know. Sometime between 2014 and 2015ish they changed forum software and possibly their host. Now @tcunbeliever has been here since 2010, me only since 2013, so she might be one who would know.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    My Foods, My Meals, and My Recipes have never vanished over the years, all of them are still in my food diary and can be used.

Food logs definitely seem to go away eventually.

Mine only go back to Jan 2017 - even though I have been logging much longer than that, everything prior to that appears to be deleted.

If you have favorite foods, it's worth the minor effort to make them into a meal so that you can find them later...it's one of the Quick Tools options - Remember Meal.
  • Sarahb29
    edited February 2020
    Thank you everyone. I have some items saved, but my old food diary entries (logs) are gone. I was sitting here trying to describe how I made a big mac salad and went to go find the entry (I had it A LOT, I logged every day during my pregnancy) and noticed my logs were cleared out. That is disappointing!

Edit: Yup they only keep the past 2 years and that change went into effect last year which is why I didn't notice. Dang!
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034402872-The-free-version-of-the-diary-will-only-save-data-for-last-two-years
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,624 Member

Mine only go back to Jan 2017 - even though I have been logging much longer than that, everything prior to that appears to be deleted.

I just checked and mine go back to November 2016.

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I just checked and I can see that on this day in 2012 I had a Moons Over my Hammy sandwich from Denny’s 🤣 so yep, mine go all the way back still...
  • LRLemon
    LRLemon Posts: 51 Member
    MFP on my iPad goes back to my first entry in 2013. MFP on my computer only goes back one year.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Oh that's interesting...I always use the PC version...since it doesn't work on my phone, like, ever...
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited February 2020
    I just used the calendar, under Foods and went back to April 2016 could have gone back even further. Use the calendar to search for your older entries? I thought it only kept them for a year or so, but nope, there is some old data in there. I don't even track anymore since I am 3 yrs. into maintenance, I don't find tracking very useful. I am using my PC, so @tcunbeliever, use the calendar to see if you have older food diary info in there. Oh and I am not nor have I ever been a paid user of MFP, just the original free account.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    That is odd about the two years.. I am a free account user and all my food logs are there from 2012 when I started .. maybe us “oldies” are grandfathered 😂
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    for me: pre October 27, 2017 are gone but the food notes and exercise exist. Go figure. I've been tracking since 10/13 about 80% of the time.