Yo guys!

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
Just checking in to keep my GOAD card active.

Replies

• cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,848 Member
    Options
    Good to see you Cindy
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    Hi Cin. Anything to do with Thursday?? ;)
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,531 Member
    Options
    Well my goodness. Mamcin is in the house! Welcome home!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,942 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you Cindy. Hope all is well.

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,075 Member
    Options
    Miss seeing your iconic flipflops mamacin/beachlady!! Glad to see you are above water.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,193 Member
    Options
    Hey!
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    Hi Cin. Anything to do with Thursday?? ;)

Nope. Just decided it was time to check in every once in a while :) That and the fact that I need to do SOMETHING...so it might as well be journaling on MFP again.

I do lurk here occasionally. The last time I entered a weight here was in May of 2019! But I'm happy to say that I'm down 3 pounds since then. LOL
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,941 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy! Long time no "see." Will be glad to compete with you again on weight! Ha ha.
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    @steve0mania LOL...I thought about that when I "saw" you here this morning. Right now it probably would be much of a competition. At 144.3 this morning -- 4.3 above my WW goal weight.
  • RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! Exactly why I’m here today
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    @steve0mania LOL...I thought about that when I "saw" you here this morning. Right now it probably would be much of a competition. At 144.3 this morning -- 4.3 above my WW goal weight.
    Me too!!! Exactly why I’m here today

And you both know what to do. We're here for you.
    BTW, I'm STILL about 25# above my goal. Been stuck for a number of years. TOL, who has regained lifetime, complains I'm costing her money.
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    I just don't think I can go back to WW (as it is now OFFICIALLY called even though we called it that for YEARS!). I have friends who are leaders (now called wellness coaches?) who have said that membership is at an all-time low.

There are just too many options available now -- and most of them are free. Want to do Keto? There are hundreds of FB pages and websites for that -- all free.

I get at least one email a day from WW with an incentive for me to go back to meetings. It started with one month free. The latest one is for THREE months free; but I have to sign up for six month. Not sure how they would handle that since I'm a lifetime member who doesn't have to pay a registration fee even if I'm over my goal weight.

I loved my "old" Weight Watchers. Don't even know what the new programs are at this point.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,941 Member
    Options
    I had signed up with the on-line version of WW last year. To be honest, I found the program very challenging to get a "feel" for. There are just too many funny tweaks (based on getting one to eat "healthy") that it was harder to understand the calorie connection. I eventually gave up.

Really, my issue is having weight as a priority. When it's a priority, I lose, when it's not, I gain. It's simple as that.

I am "beating" you right now Cindy, but only by a couple of pounds or so! The race is on! Or is it a marathon? A death march? I can't recall!
  • Al_Howard
    Options
    I had signed up with the on-line version of WW last year. To be honest, I found the program very challenging to get a "feel" for. There are just too many funny tweaks (based on getting one to eat "healthy") that it was harder to understand the calorie connection. I eventually gave up.

Really, my issue is having weight as a priority. When it's a priority, I lose, when it's not, I gain. It's simple as that.

I am "beating" you right now Cindy, but only by a couple of pounds or so! The race is on! Or is it a marathon? A death march? I can't recall!

Death March is what it is. You do it until you die. Sound morbid? Well I WAS Morbid Obese, so a Death March is better, as it will be a long slog. I pray! ;)
  • beachwoman2006
    Options

Ditto!

As I (continue to) age, I find that my weight is sometimes a very low priority.

I still hate journaling in any, way, shape, or form; but, as bad as I hate to admit it, it DOES work. Sometimes just entering something I'm about to eat or drink and seeing what it does to my daily calorie intake is enough to make me rethink my decision.