Living The Lifestyle ~ Tuesday 02/25/20

Options
myallforjcbill
myallforjcbill Posts: 5,531 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday-imastar 2 (Derrick)
Tuesday- myallforjcbill (Bill)
Wednesday- Podkey (Bob)
Thursday-Jimb376mfp (Jim)
Friday-misterhub (Greg)

Topic: Emergency Meals

Its one of those days when meal planning fell short, life has been crazy and you need to come up with something last minute for dinner. How do you respond trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle?

Alt Topic: When you were a kid in school, what was your favorite field trip?

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,531 Member
    Options
    I am facing this myself today. I have had a few health issues and planning, and shopping, has been sporadic. I have a medical procedure this afternoon and by the time my son drives me home it will be close to 4 or 5. I am thinking we will pick up roasted chicken which I will skin and bone and turn into a Chinese Chicken Salad.

Alt topic: I grew up on Long Island so must of our field trips were into the City (NY). My favorite place to go was the Museum of Natural History and Hayden Planetarium. It was a world of wonder.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    My go to meal is bowl of cereal!
    Or PB&J!

My only field trip was at Catholic grade school was picnic to lake for the altar boys! My era 1950s were not the same.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my go to meal!
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Another vote for eggs. That ended up being my meal when I got back from a long afternoon in the city yesterday.

Favorite field trip - tie between the Museum of Science & Industry and the Field Museum.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,848 Member
    Options
    eggs and trader joes turkey bacon 1.5 slices for 0 points
    Bonus question the 1964 Worlds fair in Queens NY
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Another vote for eggs.

And when I was really up against it counting WW points- egg beaters, broccoli, and a WW English muffin for a total of 2 pts as I recall.

And and something I found crunching numbers- if I just took the number out of the book, it said 1/4 cup of egg beaters was 1 pt. But when I crunched the NI numbers on the stuff DW bought at Costco, I found I got 1/2 cup for 1 pt. Twice as much. A real find at the time.

Bonus- I don’t recall our schools doing field trips. Cub Scouts did trips. Little League went to major league games. But school, no.

The exception- out senior class trip in high school- we went to the zoo. Obviously the teachers’ idea of a joke.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,193 Member
    Options
    Eggs always work, as many have said. I also always have a tub of Trader Joe's Hummus in my fridge. I can make some creative and healthy sandwiches using hummus, which is very high in protein.