Living the Lifestyle Thursday 27 Feb 2020

Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
edited February 2020 in Social Groups
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday-imastar 2 (Derrick)
Tuesday- myallforjcbill (Bill)
Wednesday- Podkey (Bob)
Thursday-Jimb376mfp (Jim)
Friday-misterhub (Greg)

Topic: Do you dream about foods? Do you think the mental aspect of LTL affects you in your dreams?

Alternatively Do you DAY DREAM about foods? DoTV commercials lead to thinking about it or does it lead to act? Either as an act to give in to the temptation or fight off a bad idea?

Replies

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,075 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh and now you have me drifting off into cinnabonland... or not. I do think about foods as do we all. We had a wonderful steelhead (sorta like a salmon) dinner that I enjoyed. I try to avoid all commercials and tape athletic events to skip through them. For me it is more that I get thoughts in my head about foods at times. I don't remember my dreams often. Dreams for me are often twists of interactions with people and situations.
    WOW what an interesting topic. Commercials certainly don't help me with LTL. Habit trail does help carry me beyond some of the temptations. Better yet don't put them in front of me.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    My topic and mental state is due to five weeks of post surgery cooped up inside tans TOO MUCH TV! LOL

I asked DW to get me a Hershey with almonds (twice!). I know seeing it on git me to want one.

I have Day Dreams about binging on my old past bad habits (chips, peanuts,candy etc) Thank goodness I cannot drive to 7-11 to buy any

The good news is the scale does not show a gain but being more sedentary than usual I FEEL FAT!

My recovery is getting better but Cabin Fever is driving me mental!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,531 Member
    Options
    I don't dream about food. Day Dreams about food are usually triggered by a memory or a visual clue that leads to how good would that be right now. Dangerous if you are out and about, especially if retired. In the supermarket, it is a warning that means speed up the cart and move on. But sometimes I think it is also a sign that I have been practicing too much denial in my food choices and need to bring a healthy balance.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,193 Member
    Options
    I do not dream about food when I sleep.

I do daydream about food, however. :neutral: Unfortunately.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,911 Member
    Options
    Nope and nope.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    No and no.

Alternative- I’m pretty surprised by how many TV food commercials put up shots of the food that look awful to me. How could anyone eat at Taco Bell after seeing one of those commercials?
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    No dreams about foods. No day dreaming about foods.
    TV commercials don't do much for me because DW & I have been so disappointed in the food received when served. It most of the time looked nothing like the commercials. So it really has no effect on me with LTL.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I have a dream about food. Boring meetings certainly will get me daydreaming about food.

I don't watch TV now but I remember a long time ago when I used to. I was trying to diet and kept finding the commercials for cheeseburgers would stimulate my desire to want to eat.

Some of my FB friends are foodies. But the stuff they typically eat has zero appeal for me.