Pattys OMAD journey to Hawaii!

foxtrot1965
foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
Hey team - I love OMAD. I did this in 2019 and was successful with quickly dropping 10 lbs. I am a serious over eater and can eat all day, so OMAD helps satiate me really quickly and sets some appropriate boundaries. I love the idea of these OMAD threads for induvidual accountability. I am going to increase my walking and do a pinterest workout a day to keep things fresh as well

I will share some before pics soon. Hawaii is on April 10th! I dont think I can realistically get down to 150, but I do think I can hit 155 and I will be happy wirh that too.

Srarting weight (today): 163.5 lbs
GW: 150

TRACKING
March 1: 163.5
March 8:
March 15:
March 22:
March 29:
April 5:
April 9:
April 10: Aloha!

Replies

• foxtrot1965
    edited March 2020
    Just rocked my first workout.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome to the group Patty. I am sure you will do well with OMAD and look forward to sharing in your progress on your way to Hawaii.
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Congratulations and welcome, Patty!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Congrats and welcome!!!! I am sure you will be successful! We have a great group and are here to cheer you on!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Nice work and welcome to the group!!! 12 pounds in 8 weeks is only 1.5 a week!!! TOTALLY doable if that's where you wanna be!! No matter what, we're here to support and help <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I hadn't done the math, but Steph is absolutely right, 1.5 pounds is definitely doable with OMAD.
  • foxtrot1965
    Nice work and welcome to the group!!! 12 pounds in 8 weeks is only 1.5 a week!!! TOTALLY doable if that's where you wanna be!! No matter what, we're here to support and help <3

Encouraging, thanks!!!
  • foxtrot1965
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I hadn't done the math, but Steph is absolutely right, 1.5 pounds is definitely doable with OMAD.

Very excited, but trying not to oveerthink it so I dont self sabotage.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Congrats on your loss and a warm welcome <3
  • foxtrot1965
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Congrats on your loss and a warm welcome <3

Thanks!

Something great I notice when doing OMAD is that I feel thinner prettt quick. I dont feel bloated or heavy all the time which is a great feeling.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Yes, OMAD is wonderful, it's a lifestyle which I love❤️
  • volgirl1322
    Don't over think or over analyze and just do OMAD. it works, and it is so simple, almost too simple :)! You are doing awesome!!!
  • foxtrot1965
    I am having the WORST day. I typed it all out and then tapped "Done' on my phone instead of 'Post Reply'. So.
  • foxtrot1965
    So about my *kitten* day. My train was an hour late. And then at work.... I work in tech support and dealt with a nightmare user who actually accused me of harrassing her FOR EMAILING HER to set up a time that was convenient for her. She wanted my male colleague but I told her he was unavailable and that I could take a look to get everything sorted and she literally called our help desk to request I not email her again.
    But wait, there is more:
    I have not been feeling good all night. So I went to Occupational Health and the triage person asked me not once, not twice, but 3 *kitten* times if I was pregnant. "They just said I was looking for a pregnant woman" ok.
    So I left work early, bought a cupcake, went home, and cried.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Well I hope that today will be better <3
  • volgirl1322
    OMG so sorry about your work day......Hoping today is better!!!!! People are stupid.....
  • foxtrot1965
    edited March 2020
    Thanks @volgirl1322 and @pessxx today was better but overall my workplace is red flags so I just need to remember that

I did my fast today. Just had a granola bar, salad, piece of pizza, chicken bites, and a pb&j sandwhich for desert. Huge meal, but under my cals :smile:

I weighed myself just to make sure I was trending in the right direction and got 162.2.

Now to sleep since I am still feeling sick.
  • volgirl1322
    Hope you feel better soon. Toxic workplaces are the absolute worst!
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Urgh. Some days are just like that and there’s nothing you seem to do that can salvage them! Be kind to yourself and get well soon.
  • foxtrot1965
    I am putting my feelers out for a previous workplace and got such a warm reception to my contact, so this has been a great reminder that I can and should do better so not to give up.
    I successfully did my OMAD today. Feeling good, satiated at end of meal.
    And tomorrow is Friday!