March Mindfulness Challenge 2020

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    March 5 check in:
    Tonight I wanted all the food so I was over on calories and had a snack I didn’t need. Maybe tomorrow will be better? Stress is likely to blame. Otherwise being present at home is going well. Hopefully hubs agrees!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Check in for March 5

1. Mindful exercise daily. Back at it on the treadmill. It helps that I have fitbit friends at work that are challenging me. Did weight training exercises in the evening too
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. A little bit over at 40, we'll see if that messes with the weight loss
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. Well under
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. Going well, scale has moved already.

Happy Spring, Southern WI is suppose to be 50's to 60's this weekend!
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Check in for March 5. On track with calories and mindful exercise- yesterday I took the full 10 minutes to wish everyone I saw in the gym and members of my family health, happiness, safety, kindness, self-acceptance , love and peace. Very calming. A little over on carbs, but OK. On track for 5 lb. loss
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    -Mindful logging.
    -NEAT: I've been just scraping by with "enough" but I know I could get more.
    -Be present more while eating and slow down. No more multitask-eating!
    -Overall increased mindfulness. When I'm tired or frustrated or overwhelmed I tend to hunker down in a foxhole. I need to keep aware.

I did alright. I squeaked by on the NEAT at the last min though yesterday with concerted effort. I was mindful as I ate. I'm still hungry as all hell lately. The appetite is being rude! I may have to give up on the loss protocol and just maintain here soon because I'm just ravenous beyond all reason and am a hair away from eating like a starving polar bear on crack. Absurd. I should be able to work on the last one more now that the madness is settling down temporarily.

Anyway, yak yak yak. Off to do all the things.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Starting weight 145
    Current weight 141.2
    weight loss goal for March 5 pounds

Goals:
    1) to work up to over 40 ounces of water on all days (not 100% but damn near)
    2) to weigh and log all of my food
    3) to exercise in some fashion every day (6 out of 7 days)
    4) to be more mindful in my eating and exercise (this made both much more enjoyable)
    5) weekly check ins

Namaste, Kristine
  • taylok23
    March 6 check in:
    @baconslave, me too! I can’t get enough food the last couple of days. I’ve been mindful of the fact that I want more, does that count? I still haven’t felt overly stuffed with carnivore but can’t use that as an excuse. I was a bit less present last night at home so I’ll work on that this weekend. Feeling lazy so will need to keep an eye on NEAT rather than curling on the couch.
  • taylok23
    March 7 check in:
    With the weather getting nicer we grilled a bunch of food and had some leftover grilled items. I mindfully ate dinner but had both breakfast and lunch which likely could have been reduced or eliminated but just felt like eating. I haven’t been great about tracking over the weekend so I’m sure I was over on calories. My husband and I have both been distracted at home so being more present will continue to be a focus. Next week is my birthday so I have a planned ‘flex’ day so I’ll need to be mindful for the rest of the week.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    3/8
    Started yesterday in a good place but then everything (food wise) went haywire. Today I'm doing ok. I seem to have a pattern of several consecutive good days and then a horrible crash, all of which leaves me weighing exactly the same. I must be mindful of that and break through those crash days.
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    March 6 was good. But fell all apart on the 7. Out and about all day was the problem. Hopefully back on track.
  • vkrenz
    Check in for March 6, 7, 8.

Mindful exercise- did good with treadmill on Friday then beautiful days and able to get outside for 3+ miles on Saturday and today.
    Carbs < 35- did great on Friday and Saturday but"had" to eat homemade egg rolls today b/c I won them at a youth fundraiser. They were really good so plan to be back to the plan tomorrow.
    Calories- good for Friday and Saturday and not too terrible today in spite of the egg rolls.
    Lose weight- I know it's going to happen b/c I'm determined.

Hope everyone is finding their way to personal success.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    March 3-8:
    1. Stay under 50 net carbs-- did well up until the weekend
    2. Stay under 1500 calories-- up and down
    3. 5 new recipes- 1 down
    4. Mindful exercise: 5-6 times a week-- exercised every day. I forgot to schedule a day off from that.
    5. Lose 5lbs this month-- weigh in on Friday (3/6) was TERRIBLE, up 2 lbs

Agh, I am going the wrong way! I'm supposed to be losing, NOT gaining :joy:
    Will tighten up this week & hopefully the scale (and body) will be in agreement come Friday :wink:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I kind of hit a wall this weekend, just a bone deep ache in the muscles way different from the usual DOMS. I've never thought of overtraining as a real thing except for real athletes, but I'm shifting the plan to reduce the work volume, and also switching up the food a bit since my appetite has plummeted...took much of the weekend off and today is a rest day so only yoga/pilates, so that's cool, and then I will start the step back volume and hopefully make it through a whole week without feeling terrible.
  • libertygurl
    libertygurl Posts: 37 Member
    Just spotted this group...

So far this month I've been very mindful of my carbs, but not always tracked everything. I'm down 2.5lbs for the month so far, I'd like to lose another 3 - 5lbs this month. I have a lot of travel, around 15 days over the next 22, so will need to focus hard.

I really am keen to get back to what I weighed in High School... wish me luck!
  • taylok23
    March 8-9 check in:
    Mindful eating? Was good the 8th but not so much yesterday. I wasn’t hungry around dinner but hubs wanted to go out since didn’t plan ahead so I ate anyway. Not the best strategy. I have been more present at home so bonus there! Work asked my whole department to work from home today to test our infrastructure in the event of sickness hitting the company so will get creative with NEAT to be active for the day.
  • vkrenz
    Check in for March 9

1. Mindful exercise daily. Did extra long on the treadmill d/t a fitbit walking challenge with coworkers, we are all very competitive.
    2. Low carb, < 35 daily. Over again, got invited to a friends house for supper.
    3. Calorie deficit, <1,500 daily. still way under even though carbs outside of goal
    4. Get rid of 5 lbs by 3/31. So far, so good.

@libertygurl, good luck with traveling and continuing with goals. Let us know how it goes, I'm planning a longer vacation and a bit nervous about not being able to do meal planning at home. Hope you reach your high school weight.

• baconslave
    -Mindful logging.
    -NEAT: I've been just scraping by with "enough" but I know I could get more.
    -Be present more while eating and slow down. No more multitask-eating!
    -Overall increased mindfulness. When I'm tired or frustrated or overwhelmed I tend to hunker down in a foxhole. I need to keep aware.

I'm working on it all. Still struggling with the NEAT but managing to get it in.
    Got messages from soccer coaches so starting next week things are going to get nuts again. But I have until Tuesday before that madness hits. In the mean time I'll be working on mindful eating. I've been slowing down and really tasting the food. Still a very hungry caterpillar though.

• baconslave
    Just spotted this group...

So far this month I've been very mindful of my carbs, but not always tracked everything. I'm down 2.5lbs for the month so far, I'd like to lose another 3 - 5lbs this month. I have a lot of travel, around 15 days over the next 22, so will need to focus hard.

I really am keen to get back to what I weighed in High School... wish me luck!

Welcome! Great job on the loss! And good luck with your ultimate goal!
    Consistency + Persistence + Time, you'll get there. :smile:
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,565 Member
    Yesterday was a MUCH better day including a 1 hour spin class. Last night I grilled up some chicken and made a tomato, feta and bacon crustless quiche for breakfast this week.
    o:)o:)
This discussion has been closed.