Momentum in March

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
Top of the morning to Ye! ( yes, i come from Irish ancestors) and Happy Lent to you who celebrate it.

March Goals
1. one mile open water swim race coming up next weekend...goal alive and well.wetsuit practice
2. lose 3 lbs by April 4th
3. one new plant based protein recipe or exploration each week
4. develop training plan for running better

p.s. I did not give up Diet Coke this year for Lent. I looked back for 3 years and I gain 10lbs each month after Easter with a severe rebound of diet coke consumption. so no desserts or French fries and no eating while reading.

Replies

• barbhat13
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Week Update
    1. have lost 2 pounds. no fun in eating certain foods if I can't read while eating. ( Lent )
    2. tried a black bean onion broccoli stir fry type. kinda of mushy. but ok for fuel.
    3. race tomorrow but surf is too high today 3-5 ft. hoping for the wind to die . photo is from practices a few years back. lf870hx6g97r.jpg
  • barbhat13
    Options
    race was too rough. swam half mile only
    staying at home with little exercise
    all races and areas closed
    not sick tho
    just lazy
    binge watching Netflix
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm working 3 days in the office, two at home each week. (We've got 3 of 8 in the office, all others at home.) Our parking lot of 800 users looks like 4:30 on a Friday night...

Too much Netflix, but usually in tandem with crocheting, cooking or dish washing!

I was thinking I should finish painting my son's bedroom, but can't get motivated to do it. It's just too hard to paint with two cats and a deaf dog with mild separation anxiety. I can't keep them out of anything!

With warmer weather, I need to start cleaning up the yard. Bought some Scott's Yard repair stuff, to reseed the area in front of the gate, and behind the house, where it's super bare. My back yard is well fertilized (two dogs) and already needs to be mowed. :-(
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Will have gained 4 lbs in one month by stress eating sitting in the big chair watching Netflix reading totally threw lent out. But having trouble finding places to ride bike and run long distances no place to swim all the beaches are closed I don't have any friends with pools. But even though several family members are out of work and my hours are cut we are doing fine. This is our allergy season but all of us are relatively healthy including my 99 year old father an
    older brother who lives in a nursing home. So far we are staying safe and that's the important part of all of this. So yes I'm about to tackle my yard also
  • barbhat13
    Options
    esea8lwl3860.jpg
    Flowers for the soul. Essential trip to Home Depot