This March I Will....

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This is my March I Will!!!
    So much fun!! I will use color & doodling from now on; I find it very relaxing & playful...adding doodles over time & seeing image grow.

If the space is colored (any color), I did it!
    PS I do jot down my weight, sodium etc on the back with the things I learned in art.

Will save these in folder or binder over time :) I’m going to call it “The Second 50 months!”

c0ycuxikvzvb.jpeg
    ax0qup445k3u.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp
    Since you find the daily posting helpful (I do too!) I will do it.

Great job on your exercise & plan!!

I switched my goal weight to “In the 150’s” which gives me a BMI of 23.9 or lower.

Because of the virus in our county, we are only eating at home, so the scale is behaving.

I originally came up with the tracker to just tract if I was in or out of goal weight range, but then decided to add the others. Already my fruit/veg are increasing!!

Big hugs to all of you!

Building Healthy Habits IS the key❣️

Recently someone on another strand asked “how do you handle cravings?” I realized that after 50 months of tiny habit changes & practice, I don’t have any. A miracle!

I have reasons, based in research, why I don’t buy or eat Things that *might* call to me.

Those habits do transform you!
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @madisonmolly2017 what an amazing idea for a habit tracker in full color! I'm going to pass it on to my daughter. I think she will love this.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    LoriAnna62 wrote: »
    @madisonmolly2017 what an amazing idea for a habit tracker in full color! I'm going to pass it on to my daughter. I think she will love this.

@LoriAnna62 awesome! It’s fun!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 that looks amazing! Congratulations on your successes!
  • LoriAnna62
    Options

This is my March I Will!!!
    So much fun!! I will use color & doodling from now on; I find it very relaxing & playful...adding doodles over time & seeing image grow.

If the space is colored (any color), I did it!
    PS I do jot down my weight, sodium etc on the back with the things I learned in art.

Will save these in folder or binder over time :) I’m going to call it “The Second 50 months!”

c0ycuxikvzvb.jpeg
    ax0qup445k3u.jpeg

I showed this to my creative 23 year old daughter and she loved it! She just got engaged and wants to lose 30 pounds before the wedding... :)
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    1. I will Not Eat after 6:00 pm.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - since watching TV is my trigger
    to eat, I will not turn the TV on. Instead, I will work on scrapbooks.
    3. Reward: Posting my success to the challenge.

5 Days of Success

I did another scrapbook page last night. It's so fun and my self esteem is through the roof! :D I know diet and exercise is good for us physically, but I think the mental health aspects should be stressed more. It's so demoralizing to fail all the time!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Hooray on your success @Lorianne62 and congratulations on your daughter’s engagement. That’s so true about diet and exercise helping us both mentally and physically. Mental health is as important. Keep up the good work!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    I gain weight this week and I am not happy but I will not stay stuck on that feeling. I will journal how I feel now, let it flow and use this to make a better plan for the weeks to come. Spending is still inder control. Making the list for Sundays grocery haul and this time I am going to buy what’s on the list and one item for me. Let’s see how that goes.

Went to the library and got 3 books. Hoping they keep me away from the pantry for a couple of hrs.
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp Thanks! :)
    Sorry about your weight gain.... :( Good to journal and make a plan. YAHOO spending under control!!! And it sounds like your plan for your grocery run is awesome. Ohhhhhh. I miss libraries. We used to go all the time when we had kids around.....What books did you get?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @LoriAnna62 I’m glad your daughter loved it. Super relaxing & definitely motivating!!
    I love that you are feeling enlivened by your scrapbooking. I have created an art studio & also feel it’s a very important part of losing weight & becoming more fit. I had to identify activities that brought me as much, if not more, Joy as the food & relaxing, ie not exercising, did. Walking in nature switched from “I have to walk” to “Great, where are we walking today!” The photographs, as well as the color combinations, I take/notice on my walk/hikes fuel my art practice.

Now, in hindsight, I see how it all fits together!!

@prgirl39mfp
    Do you use a trend wt app such as Happy Scale? I don’t use individual weights...I look at avg weekly weights & avg monthly weights. For ex, scale bopped up .6 lb overnight...hmmm. Checked av wt this week & last & it’s down 1lb!!! The scale just hops around. What is important is the trends over time. 💕 #You’veGotThis!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    tospvh21b3kl.jpeg

Summary:
    All habits are perfect through Day 5 so far.!
    See my Art “Kitty”? 🌈
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    I have created an art studio & also feel it’s a very important part of losing weight & becoming more fit. I had to identify activities that brought me as much, if not more, Joy as the food & relaxing, ie not exercising, did. Walking in nature switched from “I have to walk” to “Great, where are we walking today!” The photographs, as well as the color combinations, I take/notice on my walk/hikes fuel my art practice.

Now, in hindsight, I see how it all fits together!!!
    YES! It's not enough to have a list of things we can't/won't do anymore.....there has to be something to fill the void. And hobbies, creativity, nature (color!) are so much more satisfying than overeating....😊

Pretty Art Kitty! 😍
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I've been gone all day so just checked in. It's great to read everyone's posts. Absolutely LOVE your chart @MadisonMolly2017❣😻❣ I'll be back tomorrow with thoughts on other posts. BTW today is day 3 of not eating the chips my husband brought home. I'm also doing well with the logging and counting. Met my daughter and sister for lunch today and had a yummy salad and cup of soup. I stopped by a French cafe and bought a 5-pack of macrons. I did indulge and had one but am not crazy about them. I have 4 left so I might have to visit a few people tomorrow and let them indulge a little, too. It was a hobby shopping day. I bought some guitar picks (won't have to use a button anymore😏) and a capo for my guitar and a nice but inexpensive prime lens for my camera. Tomorrow I will have some play time to try out my new toys😀 I agree that our mental health activities are as important as the physical ones.
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    1. I will Not Eat after 6:00 pm.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal - since watching TV is my trigger
    to eat, I will not turn the TV on. Instead, I will do something fun.
    3. Reward: Posting my success to this challenge.

6 Days of Success

@prgirl39mfp You inspired me to read :) Spent the evening enjoying a good book I've read before but definitely worth reading again.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited March 2020
    Options
    March 6
    Sodium a little high & scale bopped out of maintenance range by 0.2, but a great 6 days so far.

At bedtime, I hadn’t made any art so I went into my studio & created a piece...colorful & happy using ribbon!

Why is it I can make art seemingly for hours after 11pm, but much less so during the day. It’s always been this way for me, but NOW I know sleep is important :)

ngl7wbvjg0oc.jpeg
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @LoriAnna62 thanks for the kind words. I am struggling with some sadness right now. Journaling has helped. I need to reach out to some friends and maybe vent a bit. Will refocus on my food choices that affect my mood. These are the books I got : Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur; The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum and Love and Life by De Laura Schlessinger. Finished one. 2 more to go. I am happy you got inspired. Let me know what else you read.

Thanks @MadisonMolly2017 I journal my weight and funny enough a couple of weeks ago I realized I lost 37 lbs and kept it off the past 4 yrs. That was so great to see. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,793 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , your habit tracker is stunning!! I’d really love to do something similar!
    Ack! I just wrote a long post and lost it! 😭
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Ack! I just wrote a long post and lost it! 😭

I had the same thing happen and I saw someone on another thread that said their post disappeared.... :'(
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I agree with @77tes, your habit tracker is stunning :)

@prgirl39mfp I'm sorry you're sad. I hope you took your advice and got together with friends. I looked at your three books on Amazon. They look good! I am reading the "Love Come Softly" series again. I'm happy because the library has them digitally so I can download them to my Kindle.